HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

G200 efi rwd
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

Gday,
im from WA and need any info from whoever can explain to me about the engines you see advertised in various magazines that are 'G200 or G180 EFI DOHC EFI RWD' what are these engines, do they bolt straight onto standard mounts and are they any good/ what power output would be expected. My aim for my engine conversion is economy, reliabilty and a little power over standard.
Cheers
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

the whole RWD thing is more for SR20's etc that were made for FWD and RWD.
i think (from what ive read here) the DOHC is only a different head so the bottom end remains the same and thus will bold straight in.

EFI is always good for reliability and driveability.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

i was under the impression that the block was different....

but i could be wrong, wouldn't wreckers just sell the head if thats all it took? me thinks the block and crank pistons etc are also different

these engines were rated as 130hp at the flywheel as stock... pretty impressive for 1982

put it in, recondition it well and turbo it and u will have a mad reliable streeter sleeper
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

The twin cams do bolt straight in , but they must be mated to the accompanying box, which has the starter behind the exhaust manifold. G/box fits straight in too.

Head and block are totally different to the single cams, tho you can use some parts from the local engines , eg rings, bearings.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

can you modify a standard 5 speed to fit up to the twin cam
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

see the post I made today at 9:34 pm
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:20 am    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

Thats because he cant remeber the lies he wrote ...
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

slug's got a grudge.... : )
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

Just a grudge on stupidity
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

Yeah, I whipped his fat lard arse, and he cant get over it. He's still growing up, so just give him his Nutri grain, and hope to christ he doesnt dispense any more useless info on here. Hey Slug arse?
DOHC
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

Hey,

Thought I'd add my 10c worth to the conversation... First up, as mentioned they do bolt straight in, but you need to use a diesel cross member. I think these engines are great, but I'm not sure of the general opinion of the rest of the forum? They are however an absolute bitch to find parts for... other than the generic starter/alternator/etc.

The power and economy that I get from mine is great for a (almost) straight swap. Out of the box the G180W does 130hp and the G200W does 145hp, so it is definately a little power boost over stock Wink

If you want any more info on these, just mail me: ross.smith@eds.com

Cheers,
Ross.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

Look again .. nothing but my arse.. you real seem to have a problem .. might want to go and see a doctor about it .. while you at it since you like it up the arse ask him the give you an Enema.. what a pillow biter .....
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2002 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

Grow up, you tosspot of a whipping boy.
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

Dont know why you say you need a diesel crossmember, mine just went in using a stock g/box mount.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: G200 efi rwd Reply with quote

you dont seem to have much to say anymore donutking whats wrong ?? I hope I havent upset you too much...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: