HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

efi help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: efi help Reply with quote

i need same advise on efiing my tx gemini. now ive done same research on it but just get more confused as i go. i have thourt about getting the set up from efi hardware which offers a twin dcoe throttle dobies which looks like side draft webers with injectors on it, a hawk-21 ecm and the programs to program your self, all wiring and sensors including the surge tank for about $2500. but then i look more and i can get a dohc efi motor for $8-900 pluscomputer to suit for an extra $100 but no wiring loom, or start from scratch and get a rodeo manifold or like and look for a donor car with the delco computer like camira, barina 95 on, daewoo 95 on (1.5i or celio), rodeo ect, which will cost no more than $1500 if im lucky. or scrape the whole idea and run straight LPG system, which has a higher octane level than premium unleaded petrol and if tuned correctly should increase proformance. The question is which is the better solution keeping in mind that the engine is a 1600 sohc stock as rock and the main aim is to make it more fuel efficient as i do use the car in sydney city bullshit traffic.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: efi help Reply with quote

thats alot of money just to save a little bit of fule?!?!? and one question whats with some of u guys using lpg for preformance?? my dad has it on all his utes and the preformance and acceleraton gose up the shit house?!?! how can it increase power?
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: efi help Reply with quote

run a higher compression ratio
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: efi help Reply with quote

aswell, you only can get better performance if you run straight gas.
Gas is a better fuel that petrol. You can run higher compression. Gas will allow an engine to run hotter, and the hotter an engine runs the more efficient it is. An engine will make more power if the 'bang' is bigger. And gas makes this so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: