HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TURBOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arnaout
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:02 pm    Post subject: TURBOS Reply with quote

DRAW THORUGH TURBO SYSTEM OR BLOW THROUGH TURBO SYSTEM, on carbies... LET ME HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS......................
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBOS Reply with quote

heheh please dont start this again!!! im keeping out after the last argument. but in my opinion i wouldnt do a carby turbo, for the $$$ u dont get the preformance. spend the extra cash on a efi manifold.
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 11:44 pm    Post subject: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

blow through
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

yeah thats the best of choice. more efficiant and u dont have to move the carbi and all that bull shit
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

how u mean eficiant? how many kilowatts u rekn i would b pumpin if i put a t28 on a stok engine with exhaust etc
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

probly none, coz it would blow up in a week or so
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

there are a shit load of factors involved, obvious one being how much boost your running, as well as compression, setup, intake, type of turbo etc and how you treat it. Know a few people what have run a turbo on a stock motor just around 6-7psi and they have lasted years with no probs. Lets just say if you will definitely notice the difference.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

so what would be minimum work to thrash the guts out of it? still 10 or so psi, but i wana give it hell. just up the compression etc?
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

you want to lower the compression if anything. Minimum work is bolting it onto a stock motor. a piazza turbo and manifold will bolt strait on, all you need to do is put a oil return line into the sump, make an airtight pipe going from the turbo to the re-jetted carb, put in a fuel pump and rising rate fuel regulator. could probably hack the lot up for $5-600
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

it would work good for a g200 hey? (lower compression) qwould it last long?
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

Yeah, they work great. Going to depend on what sort of condition the motor is in when you start off, how much you put into the setup and how you treat it. If your reving it to 7000 rpm on a cold start @16 psi with it pinging off its tits, then no it wont last long. If you keep things sane then there is no reason the motor wont last for a while.
Stoktg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

I have a g200 with a stock piazza turbo and manifold on it. The set up was a bit rushed and its running no where near its potential. It’s running a low 8:1 compression and blowing through a shitty 32/36 weber carby. It will do
0-100 in 7.8 seconds which I guess is pretty good compared to a VT Commodore doing it in 9.1
It pulls heaps harder than twin webers ever did when it was running 10:1 compression and you can really tell the motor still has heaps more potential. I also have a much bigger carby to put on as well as an intercooler, cam, recurved distributor and about another 8psi. Just waiting to get some plumbing back from a mate, hopefully it will be set up properly in the next week or two.
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOW THROUGH Reply with quote

I have that manifold for you, ported it out a massive ammount and deburred it, will flow really well. Should see what i have done to the dump for you :)Should solve a few of your probs.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: