HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

isuzu 3.2 V6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:43 am    Post subject: isuzu 3.2 V6 Reply with quote

i have hered of 3.8 bomadore motors in road registerd geminis i was wondering about the dohc 3.2 V6 out of a rodeo
i know i will have to upgrade the brakes wich would be the best brake set up castlemane rod shop has ford disc im not shaw if it is the back too. I have a 81 te diesel 1.8 4fb1 naturaly aspirated and ever one is after the diff it is the shabbyest gemini on the road how big could i go with diesel there is a 1.8 4fb1 turbo diesel i know that fits The 2.8 4JB1 turbo intercooled diesel in a rodeo sounds more appeling or mabe im dreaming i live in sydney and hardly any one in this forum is from sydney i want to know if we could meet at the wall at cronulla like a crusie or something I know i have high hopes please any info would be apreciated
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: isuzu 3.2 V6 Reply with quote

yeah ill cruz. about the engine- is it really worth the effort? really youve gota weigh it up, your G161 and bit of work could munch the v6, or at least give it a good run, but even better the straight bolt in- no break upgrade g200. lots less hassle!
Gigfus
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: isuzu 3.2 V6 Reply with quote

I'm from the cronulla area......count me in for tha cruise Smile
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: isuzu 3.2 V6 Reply with quote

I hate to tell you this Pete but you do need an engineers includeing a brake upgrade to put in a G200 well in Vic anyway...
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: i dont think so Reply with quote

PETE
and Ill tell you somthing for free a V6 in a gemini Vs a worked 2litre in a gemini Ill still put my money on the V6
gemini
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: i dont think so Reply with quote

i reakon, even if its just for the torque. after stepping out of our 3 litre V6 nissan into my 1.6 gemi, there is definetly something missing...
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: i dont think so Reply with quote

i heard that the rodeo v6 was all alloy and made 140kw... and it's tiny. i'd say that would kick arse. turbo........ Smile

greg
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: i dont think so Reply with quote

Was driving a 3.2 litre V6 rodeo this arvo... unfortunately I didn't manage to pilfer the engine... must get around to checking if they run a gear linkage or if the lever goes straight into the box, and also measure the distance from the back of the engine to the gear lever.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:58 pm    Post subject: Going back....... Reply with quote

So what time are you going back tomorrow Adam? This time don't forget your tape measure! And your notepad for a few notes/pictures to help you with the workshop article on the conversion?????? ***Pleeeaaasseee***
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Going back....... Reply with quote

I don't get the Rodeo back for either another week or another month... I might see it in the interim... I'll see what I can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: