HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

2L Oil Sump --(Paulo)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2000 8:30 pm    Post subject: 2L Oil Sump --(Paulo) Reply with quote

Does anyone know if the 2L single cam engine sump from the Holden Rodeo fit on a TE Gemini without hitting the cross member?
Also which engine mounts do i put on? the 1600 or the 2L?
Thanks!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: 2L Oil Sump --(dustin) Reply with quote

I heard u people use the 1600 engine mounts cuz the block is almost the same not 100 % sure
and the sump well i have no idea if it hits mabye the 1600 sump will fit on ????
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2000 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: 2L Oil Sump --(Paulo) Reply with quote

The 1600 sump doesn't fit on the 2L it's too small. But the person who i bought the engine of he said that i had to change the sump and the oil pick up. But i don't see how thats possible when the block is different! I think he said that but maybe cause he had the TD coupe and i have the TE. They might be a bit different! Then i have a friend with a TG and he said that you don't need to change anything, that it should fit straight on!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 7:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2L Oil Sump --(Ben Wight) Reply with quote

You can use either the 2 litre sump or the 1600 sump, They are slightly different however, so it would probably be wise to use the respective oil pickup, I can remember if they sit at different heights or not. I have had both 1600 and 2 litre sumps bolted onto 2 litre blocks and they definitely dont hit the crossmember or steering rack. Just use the 1600 engine mounts, they simply bolt on. This is one of the easiest conversions out there, plus its very rewarding as far as torque goes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: