HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TURBO TC COUPE?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tha_mad_hatter
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

earlier i asked if you could have turbo in a tc coupe on your P plates in Melb.... well every1 beat around the bush and i didnt really get a straight answer so here i go again ill ask the same question. can i drive a turbo tc coupe on my p plates in melb LEGALY. 1 guy said that u have to be under 125 kw and his freind got it dynoed on flat and bald tyres to pass it. i was wondering as i know a guy that does dyno if i could get a dodgy dyno print-out saying it was under 125 kw would that pass?
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

They told you the requirements. Doesn't sound like they beat around the bush to me. Anyway, just turn the boost right down, to get under the limit, then turn it up once your done.
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

I don't know about over there in VIC, but here in SA, boost adjusters aren't road legal. If it's the same over there, that could stand as a problem for you.
tha_mad_hatter
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

im not much of a turbo man myself but i know u cant put a huge 8 in the so turbo is the only chance.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

are you pissed or just bad at typing? you make no sense what-so-ever.........
tha_mad_hatter
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 5:35 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

ohhh sorry yeah a bit of anger there, vic roads and the rta have pissed me off alot in these last month or so u try ask them a simple question and they have no answers what so ever. what i ment is i dont know much about turbo i know more about V8's but u cant exactly put a V8 in a gemini on your P plates because of the bull$hit power to weight restrictions so a turbo is the way to go for power. Wink
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

these are the rules for QLD if it helps:
i asked about 4 months ago.
2.6 N/A
or
2.4 turbo
it can be a 4, 6, 8, or a V12 if u really want but u cant exceed 2,6 N/A or 2.4 turbo ( hehehe V12 would be nice!)
hope that helps?!?!
Gene
Dr_boom13@hotmail.com
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

so what about guys driving mummy and daddy's WRX, or in the example of a friend of mine, daddy bought him a brand new 200sx, wouldnt this have too much power? or the V8 guys? i always see people driving tuff cars on their p's, better yet on their L's!
i never haerd of power restrictions for your p's.
i think it is a really good idea though. better to learn how to drive a car that has no nuts then upgrade. my
50kw-stock-gem drifting experience was invaluable. : )
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: HAHAHA PETE!!! Reply with quote

very true!! my days in a stock gemini gave me heaps of drifting education. i learnt how to drift past the point of no return, taking out a fence, then makeing a clean get away without being cought!!! HEHEHEH excelnt!!
hehehehe i love it
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: HAHAHA PETE!!! Reply with quote

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH some funny sh|t yeah so a standard 1600 engine with turbo should be chill yeah? if i cant get turbo im guna NOS it i think they can jam that up there asses ill just have no bottle in until im using it Very Happy either way my gemi will fly, well i dont want it to fly i just want it to have balls and be able to rip burnouts easy.
ive nearly taken a pole and fence out :S ohh well that was in my pre Learners stages
now i have P plates Wink
Bean
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: driven V8 on L's Reply with quote

i have driven my dads HQ 308 mild cam its got balls and does some prity impresive burnouts to i never got pulled over in it around sydney
tha_mad_hatter
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: driven V8 on L's Reply with quote

yeah im from melb and the cops are tight and its all power to weight thats the thing.
my mate got a 135 dollar fine for no seatbelt the other day dam pigs
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO TC COUPE? Reply with quote

Hey good luck if you think you can drive it on your P's in vic,
Search the vic roads documents and use their power to weight calculations and you can answer it yourself,

http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/f_query.htm

Sraight from the site:
Fitting of turbo chargers other than those fitted by the original manufacturer must be covered by an Engineer's Report

Cheers
Eggy
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: driven V8 on L's Reply with quote

What? For not wearing his belt? If so, he's a dickhead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: