HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

need some info
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: need some info Reply with quote

backgrounds is 12 years of mucking about with em as job, and now as a hobby.

Im doing a CA18 at the moment...a few probs, redesign the sump, make engine mounts and g/box xmember mounts(as always), redesign the turbo exhaust outlet , the biggest hassle is getting a smooth hydraulic clutch setup, as the clutch cable is a thing of yesteryear now.
engineer
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: need some info Reply with quote

The guy who did the conversion doesn't have an email but I will se if he would mind if I give you his phone number. The price of $10,000 was a drive in drive out conversion including labour and all parts including a dynotune and engine mapping. Should be heaps cheaper if you do it yourself.
engineer
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: need some info Reply with quote

Yes I do mean a Salisbury diff. To look at they have 10 diff hat bolts while the earlier diffs have 8 bolts. The Salisbury has bigger planetry gears and will take more of a hiding but that is beside the point. The brakes on the 8 bolt diff are interchangable with LX Toranas while the 10 bolt has bigger drums which are interchangable with VB Commodores. As part of option 3 under QT requirements you need to show the vehicle complies with ADR 31. Some of the earlier Gemini's with the smaller rear brakes didn't have to meet this rule so the easist way to prove it is to fit the later diff and master cylinder. This usually is a good time to fit a rear sway bar if you don't already have one because the later diff has all the mounts.
2picky
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: need some info Reply with quote

do you know much info on installin a piazza turbo engine because I rang around a couple of places today in my area and I just got idiots that didnt have a clue and where not interested.That engine u got 4sale, how much power do it have
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: need some info Reply with quote

well i can give it to a asian import joint and they will do it for $5000 including exhorst and wire EVERYTHING. so i cant see why if i dont do the work myself it wont cost me more than $4000 cos im doin the labour mounts sump ect.....
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: need some info Reply with quote

i dont even know what a 4ze1 is??? i think u mixed me up with someone else?????
gene
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: need some info Reply with quote

Does this include the all important modification plate?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: