HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

tf /tg front to te

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

Can anyone out there tell me how hard it is to change the headlights and grill from a tf or a tg to a te assembly? Also is it possible to put a tf or tg dash into a te?
Any help would be appreciated - cheers
Knobby
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

lights is easy, also check the old forum i asked the same question (except other way around tf to te) its possible but i think you need to cahnge all the pipeing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

Depends..the bodywork is the same, but headlight grill combinations can be quite different. Some are round, or square, you'll have to be more specific.

A ft/tg dash will not go into a te.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

Do a quick search for "dash" using the search function. You'll get your answers there. Can you just clarify your question. You've got a te right? cos you want to put a late dash in it. You want to also change your te front to a tf or tg?
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

TG/TF Front bolts up easy. Round & square lights are from the 70s model TX,TC,TD gemis. i have seen the late model TG dash used to replace the old school dash, but i dont think that its worth the trouble. Its up to you, but i find the older dash is a bit more conventional and looks better.

Cheers
Sam
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

what do you mean by all the piping?
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

I haven't actually got a car yet but I'm trying to decide what type I want. I either want a TE, a TF or a TG. I think the TE front looks better than the tf or tg front but I like the dash of the TF/TG. I was just trying to find out if i got a TF or TG whether or not i could change the front so it looked like a TE and if i got a TE whether or not I could change the dash to one of a TF or TG.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

Ah, sorry for making you give that long winded explanation Surprised( You're the first person I've heard like the TE front more than the TF/TG, cool.
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

Actually some of the Te's did come out with round headlights.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 4:21 am    Post subject: Re: Phil....tf /tg front to te Reply with quote

Phil, your easiest/cheapest solution would be to find a TF/TG, so you get the dash you like. If you got a TF (except SL/X), you would then need TE grille, TE front bar, add side repeater lamps and rewire (cause the parkers are in the grille, not the bumper). Best off getting the chrome TE rear bar too so it matched both ends. If you got an SL/X or a TG, you'd need headlamp inserts and mounting brackets too.
Far easier than changing a complete dash, column, wiring etc.

Hope this helps your decision,

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: