HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

lowering again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: lowering again Reply with quote

Evenging all....
on the subject of lowering again.....i have noticed on a few gems that when theyve been lowered 2 inch alround, the back sits a bit higher than the front. If i were to lower the front 1.5inch, which i intend to do, how low would i want the arse lowered to make the front and back even??
cheers......Tim
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:39 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering again Reply with quote

Should be right with 2" at the back, but thats just a guess.
Maybe a 2.5"?
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: lowering again Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply Matman, hoping maybe some of the old hands might have experience with this.
I was thinking if I lowered 1.5 at the front to lower the arse 2 inch. im not sure tho.
cheers again
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: lowering again Reply with quote

Are you cutting springs, or putting in aftermarket ones?
If cutting, size the rear ones so that that distance from the centre of the hub to the guard lip is the same as on the front , around 320mm probably or close to it.

If using aftermarket, they usually dont go that fine, ie 1 inch increments or thereabouts, so if the front is lowered 2 inches, use 2 inch lowereds for the rear also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: