HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

12A or 13B

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuff187
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: 12A or 13B Reply with quote

I was thinking of putting a 12A or 13B in my gemi.... Which would be the easiest conversion?? How Hard?? How Much?? What mods need 2 be made??

Cheers
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: 12A or 13B Reply with quote

my opinion? go for a 2ltr dohc turbo....less hassels.
id go for the 13b bridgeport turbo...ect, more balls,but a lot of fucking around. but if you want a rotary, by an RX-mazda....the rx2's dont look too bad, and were factory rotors...
anyways, you probably just missed out on one for sale in melton....coupe, setup for 13b turbo, minus eng+gearbox...$1500.
oh well.cant win em all.
rob.
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 6:06 am    Post subject: Re: 12A or 13B Reply with quote

If you live in QLD, the biggest capacity rotary engine, with turbo, that you can LEGALLY mount is a 12a. Naturally aspirated you can have a 13b. I just found out all the things needed to be done for modification, and basically it's just upgrade the brakes. (to their specs of course)

And that came straight from the mouth of the Compliance Plate dude.
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: 12A or 13B Reply with quote

i am putting a 13b pp into my tx coupe and there is a bit of stuffing around to position the motor for optimium balance. mostly it is a easy conversion ( custom tailshaft etc) with the right bits (oz developments makes kits around $600). A 13bt is too big legally in a gem unless u go the kit car route and have a half chassis (too costly) also u might need to modify your front crossmember. overall for the money u have a cheaper proposition for effortless performance than a piston engine. figure $4000 for a engine combination that will get into 13's without a turbo in sight is pretty good. try that with a n/a piston motor without gobbling buckets of cash for a grenade motor!
WAY2LOWatwork
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 12A or 13B Reply with quote

ive gotta 12a extendport in mine (still building it), either of the rotors fit in pretty easy, but if going for a turbo u will need custom exhaust manifolds made up which sit the turbo nice and high, to clear the steering.
the conversion itself isnt hard, i will have a web page up soon showing the buildup of my car and details and diagrams on how to fit the rotor.
what u need is:
a custom front crossmember (not hard to make)
custom sump
gearbox crossmember (again easy to make)
tail shaft
other bits and pieces.

all up my conversion cost $1500 including the buying of the motor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: