HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Com V6 = Fast Gem?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:01 pm    Post subject: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

Hi Guys, Just wondering if i could fit a commodore v6 into my TG '85 Gem. If so, which models (ie: VN, VP). Would it also be possible to use the running gear (gearbox, diff). I know i'll have to upgrade the brakes, some1 said to use VS calipers, can i use the discs as well? Any help and rough prices would be great. Thanx!
Nathan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

seriously you've got no idea how much work is involved.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

hehe, 2nd person i've seen wit a 85 mdl tg. apart from me, useless information but yea, just thought u should know. is ure's maroon in color?

chris.
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

not to mention how you will stuff up the great gem handling by putting that heavy lump of crap under the bonnet. if you really really really need the power, a good EFI turboed 2L will do fine..
Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

I was worried about having to reco the engine all the time bcoz of the turbo, i thought the V6 would be more reliable. The car isn't maroan, it's "sky" blue with spots of brown (or rust if you want to get technical), and green (where little bits of moss have started to grow in the window seals). It's a fixer.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

Yeah i'm going a V6 into me TE gemini later on this year. Getting a VN/VR/VS (whatever engine) and a cailas LSD diff shortened. I'll probley go the ford rotors and VS calipers. Umm dunno about gearbox, either commodore 5 spd or the T700, bit scared about having a manual V6 in a gemini... Main part I am worried about is the rear end setup because i want to scrap the touque tube. i'll be buying the engine soon and will keep you up to date

Josh (WA)
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

If i could put any motor into a gem on an unlimited budget, i would go for the 20B mazda triple rotor, with twin sequential turbos. Now that would equal a fast gem!!
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

If your budget is under $10,000
go home and thing again...
hrt038
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

Im selling my Gemini with a VP V6, T5 gearbox, VP Diff. The Car is complete and is for sale, this will save you alot of money.
cordial
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

sorry to rain on ur parade badger but a buick v6 would make the same weight difference as putting a fat bitch in da passenger seat and would have more tourque than a 4 banger any day
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

nah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

how you goin?
r u from kinswood?
im from cambridge park and i have a 78tdgem, r u still selling your car?
whats done to it?
how much?
any rego and engineered etc?
what sort of body work has been done? (paintjob)
wheels?
any rust or dents?

thanx
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

I have myself an 85 TG SL/X .. dark red colour.
GROOVY !
redtxcoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

theres a v6 gemini conversion kit in the trading post in qld for $750,includs the vn motor
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Com V6 = Fast Gem? Reply with quote

Yeah send me the details and photos to pro350gemini@yahoo.com.au
mate Im very interested in your car need to know the price if the rght price will come and get it this week end

cheers
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: