HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Pulley swaps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:46 pm    Post subject: Pulley swaps Reply with quote

On my G200, i have the crank pulley with the one in three type, i think one is for air-con, one for air pump (maybe), and the other is obviously for the crank. While cruising around the wreckers, i saw a stock TD with the single pulley on the crank.
Can i simply swap these items over ? I figure the 1600 single item would weigh considerably less, therefore would be a better option. But dont know if the sizes are the same, the wrecker said they were. But he was the same wrecker that told my mate that the starfire Commodore had the same size brake booster as the blue 202 one and was wrong. It's not much fun fitting a part to find out it's a no-go and then having to unbolt it and take it back and refit the right part.
So can anyone help me out on this one ?
Cheers,
Jasyn...
P.S the TD i saw was an SL/E and had the mirrors still intact, are these supposed to be a bit rare ?
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulley swaps Reply with quote

They're the same size and you could use it if you dont want to run air con or the air pump. But I thought that the three pulley one was just three smaller pulleys bolted togethre. You should be able to pull them apart and just use the pulley boss with one pulley on it.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulley swaps Reply with quote

Yes, both pulley setups will swap over easily as the cranks are the same. If your pulley for your water pump/alternator is the same diameter as the TD one, which I bet it is, then you can run the same fan belt.

Those mirrors, are the GTS style mirrors? If so, ask how much he wants for them and let me know.

Ben Wight
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: Mirrors... Reply with quote

Where did you say this wreckers was??
I think I mentioned something before about hen's teeth...
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Mirrors... Reply with quote

Saulisbury wreckers on the Gold Coast, I'm gonna get a price but at the time only noticed it had a drivers side and not a passengers. Still, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to grab it (or them if their's two) and give it away on here for a small price ie. 10 bucks sounds fair.
I personally dont want them, they do look nice and all, but i've got my heart set on an electric set from a SII RX-7. Will find out more when i go to grab the pulley from them.
Jasyn...
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulley swaps Reply with quote

Yeah GTS style (chromed). Getting hold of them A.S.A.P, and will sell them cheaply.
Jasyn...
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulley swaps Reply with quote

You mean the base is chromed or the whole mirror housing. GTS ones have a chrome base and a plastic 'cup'. From memory, ford GT ones could be all chrome.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2002 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Pulley swaps Reply with quote

Yeah, it's got a chrome base with plastic cup. But the previous owner used that chrome paint to make it look different. It didn't look too bad for paint.
I have to wait to grab it as they are closed all over Easter for like four days. Hope they're still there when i go to grab them.
Jasyn....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: