HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Conversion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Croatstyles
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:26 pm    Post subject: Conversion Reply with quote

Hi i was wondering how hard and how much it will cost to convert the front end of coupe to a TG both coupe version
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Reply with quote

You need the complete front end of a TG. Get a ruster for $500. The hardest part is removing the old apron of the coupe, its a mixture of drilling out the spot welds, and grinding. Remoce the guards, bumpers, etc, and you'll work out where to attack it when you see what you are left with.

Yuo have to do the same on the TG to get its apron off, but when you do cut a sizeable amount of the chassis rails off with it, cos this will need to be cut back to match the end of the rails on the coupe. Match the rails on the TG apron to the coupe, then weld it on using all the holes where the spot welds were. And of course, weld where the rails should butt up together.

Once the apron is welded on, everything will bolt on. If you have a TX coupe with the old style radiator, that will need some minor modifying to get on.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Adam Reply with quote

worthy of a workshop item? i think so... even if it iis just general info
Croatstyles
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Reply with quote

so how much does it cost for front end and how much for labour???
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Reply with quote

From my experience it would be far cheaper to go and buy a wreck gem (maybe one thats had a good hit in the rear end) from a private seller, i picked up a full TG Gemi with a blown head gasket for $90!
As for labour, if it was me id be trying to do the job myself.

Sam
Croatstyles
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Conversion Reply with quote

sam how long did it take u to do converion and whats u have to do basic way like is it just to have kuts put toghter or is there more to it or is there a better why i need help
GeminiKing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 4:19 am    Post subject: Re: Conversion Reply with quote

You arent going to get the front end unless you do it your self. If you get one, and want to then pay a panel beater to do it, you'd be looking at minumum $1000 Id guess. Not worth doing unless you do it yourself, really.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: