HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Accelerator switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 4:48 pm    Post subject: Accelerator switch Reply with quote

What does the accelerator switch do ?
Ive brought a td gemini for my son an where in the prosse of restoring it, it was converted to a auto and when i brought it it came with a 5 speed box so i need to know if the acc switch is needed in the manual, if not thanks if so what the hell does it do and where do the wires go to and come from. sec? what did you get the 17in wheels off.
Ive worked on a few deferent models but this is my first Gem
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Accelerator switch Reply with quote

...this q was explained a few weeks ago, but heres the jist of it...

the switch is connected to the carbies 'coasting enricher solenoid' that, when in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear and without having your feet on the clutch or accelerator, enriches the mixture somewhat.

on my gemmi b4 i chucked the dcoe on, my accelerator didnt even touch the switch, hence i believe that you can usually ignore it.

Woz Smile
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Accelerator switch Reply with quote

...that's the switch on the gearbox. I think Quack was talking about the switch on the accelerator pedal which was for the automatic box kickdown.
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2002 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: Accelerator switch Reply with quote

...the gearbox switch works with the accelerator & clutch switches... all to activate / deactivate the enricher solenoid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: