HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

XF falcon throttle body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

Has anyone used and XF throttle body on their injection?
I've decided to use one because when I went to have my fuel rail made it needed a bend in it and was gonna cost alot more than a straight one. So I decided I may aswell put the throttle body on the plennum facing the front of the car.

How much was it to convert it and put the throttle body on the plennum? I can get one from the wreckers for $25 so all I need to know is fab costs. Does anyone know how much difference it makes?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

Youre speaking pretty broadly here, what plenum are you currenly using, and what size TB is standard?

I'm currently using the standard TB from 4ZE1 inlet manifold (~60mm butterfly) and it seems a bit overkill really on my 2 litre turbo. I have only been tuning it on low boost so far though, high boost will probably utilise it better, but I cannot se the need for such a large unit as an XF on a 2 litre engine.

Ben Wight
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

Piazza plenum, twin buterfly throttle body. I'll check later to get dimesions. What plenum are you using?
Do you use a stock fuel rail or the stock one?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

I'm using a 4Ze1 inlet manifold, with stock rail and injectors. The TB is 60mm diameter, I'm not sure of the dimensions of the XF TB but its a fair bit larger. I would stick with the setup you currently have. I my opinion, unless you are making around 300hp, the XF TB would be a bit overkill.

I dont understand your question about the rail, am I using the stock one or the stock one? Yes, I am using the stock one.

Why cant you also use the stock fuel rail for that manifold, why are you getting a custom one made?

Ben Wight
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:38 am    Post subject: Re: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

No shit? you got the stock one to fit on the stock manifold? did that take much modifying?
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

I didnt get a fuel rail with my Turbo Piazza manifold either and ended up using one from a JD Camira. The only difference being you have the rubber hose on the injectors at a slight angle to the rail (not perpendicular) and had to bend the rail outlets slightly. Fits under the throttlebody easily. Can Email you a photo if you like.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

Yeah, it was a real pain in the ass though, all the injector booses lined up, and so did the bolt holes and everything. Cleared the TB well too. What a bitch!
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

Oops, my bad. I meant to write custom.
I think it is way too small being only about as big as the fuel line. I want about 300hp at he flywheel so it might not be overkill. The XF is 68mm and would mean I would never have worries about it. Mine has the twin butterflys that are 40mm and 38mm which is about 1400sq.mm smaller in area.
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: XF falcon throttle body Reply with quote

sounds good.
loza@hotmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: