HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ATT: Matey_mate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluecoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: ATT: Matey_mate Reply with quote

Hey Matey,
You were inquiring about how a front chop is done,
Well as you probably know Gemmi's have a tac welded seam that runs on the floor pan near to the rear of the door.
Well tacs have to be broken and then you just cut 100mm up the pillars that hold the front window. Then the whole front of the car will come off. Then all you do is get a shitty gemmi coupe that has a good front and chop it off and weld it on. The only reason i have not done this is because i have got another car so i just want to get rid of it. I was quoted about $1500 to do this job (even cheaper if your handy with the old mig and grinder)then just paint the front of the car to match the rest of the body(metallic marina Blue)looks sweet. You can take my gemm away for 500 or give me an offer. Paint is really sweet. no rust at all.
Worth your while to just come have a look
Cheers Matey_mate
My no. is 54 91 31 87 ask for will.(bluecoupe)
P.S you can do a crap front chop by just cutting front rails off. but it is most likely that it will be out of alignment and car will crab when driving along. By doing it the way it have suggested it is safe and you have nothing to worry about with the steering.
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: Matey_mate Reply with quote

i guess you could put a sedan front on as well? is the car drivable?
Bluecoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: Matey_mate Reply with quote

No, from what i've heard, you can't put a sedan front on as the pillars sit at different angles. Yes the car is driveable. A fuel line is bent so cannot keep running for long.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: hey Matey_mate Reply with quote

the caloundra auctions are on this wed 24 april 10:00am there are no gemys, see the suncoast daily sat 23rd march in the "public notices" section for more details
cheers
kizza
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: hey Matey_mate Reply with quote

hey thanks chief.. where bouts are they?
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: hey Matey_mate Reply with quote

at the "caloundra city depot" bearing av warana
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: ATT: Matey_mate Reply with quote

would your new car happen to be a celica
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: