HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gene - re:fj20 mount diagram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:46 pm    Post subject: Gene - re:fj20 mount diagram Reply with quote

I was roving throught the forums looking for info on an FJ20 conversion, and although it's not totally decided that I will be going that way I was hoping it wouldn't be too much trouble for you to send the diagram of the engine mounts required.

Also if ya have any more info maybe you could fill me in on whatever stuff I missed during my searches Smile
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Gene - re:fj20 mount diagram Reply with quote

there not mine to be giving out, u wil have to talk to "FJ2047" he is in this forum
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: re:fj20 mount diagram Reply with quote

hey man,

i have got the mount design that i have used for my fj20 conversion. and a lot of info on what i am running also. if you are interested email me at: twenty7777@hotmail.com or later on my gemi site:

http://communities.ninemsn.com.au/twenty7777/fj2047.msnw

GENE it is ok for you to give em out but i just wished you would have asked first because i was going to put them on my site after my car was finished.
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:37 am    Post subject: Re: re:fj20 mount diagram Reply with quote

Holy Crap FJ.. those mags are HUGE!

What size are they? (so I can stay a few sizes under!)
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: re:fj20 mount diagram Reply with quote

email addy doesn't work Sad
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: re:photoshop Reply with quote

what rear end are you running in the van
and what front brakes have you got

cheers
FJ2047
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: re:photoshop Reply with quote

I am running volvo rotors and volvo 4 spot calipers, on the front. On the rear ,i am running standard housing with 3.9:1 gears, re-splined side gears and volvo axles which are exactly the same length as the standard gemi axles but are a little thicker than a nine inch. They have to be machined to fit the standard gemi bearings and so they can fit through the carrier bearing. should "in theory" never break and axle with the standard FJ20. A full spool after the engineers will be fitted.

will be shown on the web site though. when completed.
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: re:photoshop Reply with quote

seems like a lot of mucking around and where are you getting the full spool from to suit the original centre for a gemini and when you say nine inch you meen thicker than standed axels dont you..

cheers
FJ2047
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: re:photoshop Reply with quote

ford nine inch standard axles
GEMGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: re:photoshop Reply with quote

With the front brakes did u adapt the caliper to suit the steering knucle backing plate or is it something different. Im trialing the volvo caliper conv ive got the disc worked out its just the caliper to steering knucle fitting. Is the model u doing it to have the caliper bracketing removeble (TX _TC the non rts models, rts models are one piece steering knucle>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: