HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gemini!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Gemini!!! Reply with quote

Ok
2months back or so My engine blew
was Adam gibsons old engine, when I ripped the head off I noticed some piston flop in No.3 finally after ages of putting it off did the dirty job of taking off the sump unbolting the rods and taking the piston out of the top. to my suprise when I rip out No.3 there is only half the skirt of the piston left... this explains the piston flop Wink
looking in the sump under the cover plate I find about 8other pieces of it.
as a Safty measure I decided to take the other 3 out.. to my disgust they all were fractured and ready to crack..
This may have been due to an overheating which happend about a month earlyer.. but the man I bought the new pistons off reckons it was Preignition/Deternation.. So I Have my new parts and Its goin back 2gether 2DAY!!! then off to the dyno to get the carb tuned so that Preignition Wont happend (thats if it even was...).

WISH ME LUCK BOYS!
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini!!! Reply with quote

goodluck.
hey yor lucky, my mate had a 323 4wd turbo and long story short after a race with a skyeline, they never found one of the pistons! they recon it decintegrated. he put datspeed out of buisness because of it as well.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini!!! Reply with quote

WOOHOO
I Now have a gemini Again Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: