HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

wanted : panel van

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:27 am    Post subject: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

After saving up my hard earned for quite some time I've got enough to start thinking about getting and restoring a gemmi panel van.

Im looking for a panel van with a decent engine (stock is fine) and straight body.

I plan to restore the paint and interior etc.. so that is not a big issue to me. Just looking for reliability and a good base to work upon.

Anyone whos selling a van or knows of any please let me know.

(im in sa)
Westy
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

If u were in perth i would say have mine for 3grand Razz u dont need to anything its got a 2ltr piazza with micro tech computer interior is smicko did it all myself dragway mags 205's front and rear stereo sports steering wheel scoops Very Happy
Take It i want a sedan now.
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:18 am    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

damn.. seems like a fair deal. Too bad about the geography.

For some reason pannos here in SA are a bit overpriced.. people want to much for an old stock panel van, its kinda nuts.

Havent seen a (running) stock panel van under 1500 bucks for a while now.

Some day I'll find one Smile
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

Ive noticed that too, some ads have a van with a couple of fairly mild mods, and they want $4000+?!?
I wouldn't mind a resonably straight stock van, to carry all of my band equipment around in.
Oh well, if i find one at the right price...

Sam
gemivanman
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

im from sa,
but im not selling my van. Smile
have you ever thought about converting a s/wagon to a van? its not hard. plus u get the added bonus of having a back seat. i picked mine up for 500 bucks! but its had a bit of work since then. i got it from some old fool out at golden grove....sucker! its the grey one in the modified gallery with the p plates.
its up to you

catch ya
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

Yeh I've seen that pic. In fact I think I might have seen your van. I've seen yours or one like it cruising around the west beach area.

Actually half the reason I want a van is for the room in the back. Since I'd use it to cart around my surf gear, believe it or not once you've got 3 or three mates with ya it becomes a pain in the ass you fit all their shit in a sedan Smile

How hard is it to get and fit the panels and stuff ? This could be a viable option I guess.
Boog
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

Yeh I think a lot of people try to boost up the price just cos its a van and kids like me like the look of them. Bit of a shame really Sad

I went to look at one the other month and the guy wanted 1750 for it, was in pretty bad shape mechanically.. wasn't too interested in it. But they guy gave it away when he said "if you don't want it, i'll prolly sell it to a mate for a grand"

So I guess if I had the cash then and there and wanted the car I coulda had it for a lot less than he asked.
Westy
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

if its like when i took the windows of my van its a matter of 6 bolts each side could be differant on a wagon though
gemivanman
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

the body shells are exactly the same. its the just matter of finding the fibre glass panels and some metal to weld into the holes where the windows were. the only difference is that its has a back seat which can be folded down. this would give you the same amount of room as a propper panel van body. you get the best of both worlds.

thanks
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: wanted : panel van Reply with quote

Its a bit out of the way, but [sir]Eggy has a fucking good 2ltr wagon for sale in vic. he wants $2000, but it has twin webers,balanced, ported all that kind of shit, plus a custom interior.i wolud have bought it, but had no dosh...Sad
hope this helps.
rob.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: