HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Hamal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Hamal Reply with quote

hey dude wat suburb you from im in the freo area. i drive the black TG with the dragway indy style rims
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

I'm in Craigie, up north.. and I don't get out a hell of a lot cos my daily driver is a TP Magna and I'm sorta embarrased to be seen driving it Smile

I won't be out and about 'til I get the TD rebuilt, which I havent even started yet 'cos I'm getting married in 2 weeks.

After that I'm getting a cheap toolkit and starting the rebuild *finally*.

Know of anywhere I can pickup some rust free doors?
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

up here on the sunny coast elky has rust free doors im pretty sure,
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

dont worry, thought u were in brissy
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

Nah it's cool, I gotta chuckle out of it Smile
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

sedan or coupe??
i think i have some doors not sure though
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

Sedan.. I picked it up from the Quokka for the grand sum of FREE!!! I'd much rather the Coupe but money talks and right now all I got is bullshit.

Apart from rust in the floor pans and boot (I intended to get friendly with a MIG welder anyway) the body is rust free... only a coupla little dings to bog.

The majority of the rust is in the doors, but that's cool cos I can replace them (and if you've got some for cheap then that'd be great!).

Don't expect me to be out and about for a while yet though... this baby's gonna take a while Sad
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

yeah dont forget your married
with the doors buy rust repair parts from here ( keep the website going) and then find a mig welder ( i have my cert but no mig )
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

Well I can rent a MIG welder no problem, shouldn't be any drama at all but I want to stay as far away from welding the exterior of the car as possible.

Apart from the door rust and at the bottom of the right hand quarter panel there is no external rust whatsoever.

I would much rather buy some rust free doors and another quarter panel than undertake a major rewelding project *sigh*

The interior is a different story, front floor pans (and maybe back) as well as the boot (of course) all need fixing and I'll be buying rust repair parts from the Hotgemini shop if the shipping isn't too extravagant. They may also be my only option seeing as I don't know my way about Perth too well Smile

When the time comes though, and I have to fix the floor pan and boot, I wouldn't mind someone showing me the ropes and keeping an eye on things.... would ya mind giving me a hand? Mates rates apply (a few beers).
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

well i would but i have also started a new project. I bought TX coupe on monday night and need to replace the fuel tank and front suspension and put a engine in.
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

Need help?

I follow orders good Smile
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

na my brother has pitched in and she shall hopefully be running by june this year
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

Cheerio... hope I see it on my travels
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Hamal Reply with quote

more than likely at the strip or at wanneroo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: