HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Boot locks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 1:41 am    Post subject: Boot locks Reply with quote

evening....
just wondering...how much would a boot lock set me back for my TE.
cheers......Tim
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

either get a kit of solex locks (the round ones with the round keys that you can't stick a screwdriver in) which will include a boot lock.. for about $100-150 bucks

or go to a wreckers and get one...

or just get a set of locks from auto1 or something that will fit a gemini

the security of the solex's is worth it i rekon
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

Yeah solexes are the go, even if they are a bitch to fit (it happens eventually). i paid $79 for mine.
By the way on the topic of boot locks, the solex boot lock is short of the latch by a few mm, how have others overcome this problem? I think gene mentioned something about welding another piece on the end of the lock once?

Sam
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

if its an early model gem like a tx-td then it probably wont fit,

i got the longet attatchment that came with it and bent it around so it stuck straight out then got another bit of metal the same shape and spot welded it on, dosnt have to be able to take much force... then the metal will fit through the little plastic socket thing and turn without a problem
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

cheers for the reply fellas......im just looking at a stock lock barrel.....and ideas on prices
cheers.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

$5 at the most, u can pull it apart and match it to your key
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

5 bucks for the whole unit?? thats prett uckin cheap.
is that right?
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

wellall u need is the lock isnt it, or do u need the catch for it? they wouldnt want much for em cause there no good to them
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

Yeah sorry mate, im after the whole unit, the works
cheers
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot locks Reply with quote

itl still only be $5 or so from a wreckers.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Boot locks...PRICE! Reply with quote

If you can get one with a key, or have one re-keyed from the wreckers, GET IT! I priced one today for a customer. New aftermarket; not available. New Genuine; not much change from $140.00!! The latch mechanism is also still available new for around $40.00. Makes the Solex locks pretty cheap for a kit!
If anyone wants I'll contact the importers of the solex regarding the short boot pin.

Yonnee.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Boot locks...PRICE! Reply with quote

Yonnee - fuck solex - get GHL on board - the chrome looks heaps better than the black with yellow writing. Same problem with the boot lock in the TD coupe though - can't fit mine till I seriously modify it. Food for thought?! Mmm food - I'm off to get some....
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Re: GHL.. Momofan. Reply with quote

Dave, have you still got the box? Does it have any contact details? E-mail me with them. Have to find the supplier to buy from. How much did you pay for them, retail?

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: