HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

watch out for theifs in the Illawarra
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:54 pm    Post subject: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

hey

car theift is defently rising around quiet streets........

today my car was broken into... The fucken bastards smashed my passenger window and opend the door they stole my speakers from the parcel shelf....Luckley i had my CD player out to do some repairs on it and hadent had time to put it back in.........

but if you own a suped up gemini or other car that turns head make sure you keep it in good view as my car use to live out the front of my house in the parking bay in a 3 house street...and it still got knocked off so watch out...

and if you get the bastards bash the cunts for me.
Robert
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:51 pm    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

I feel sory for you man. What just happened to you is one of my biggest fears, although i take every security precaution, there is no stopping them breaking a window.

When i got to work, my car is parked in a quiet backstreet on the other side of a supermarket, this street is the most notorious for car theft in my town and unfortionately i have no other place to park it.

Sometimes it scares me to think of what i would do, if i saw someone removing my audio gear from it, and i had a steering lock or tire iron handy...

Sam
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:01 pm    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

yer if i saw them
i would let my doberman out to round them up while i go upstairs to get my hockey stick and i probley wouldnt stop to

1: the cops arive
2: there on the ground and arnt going to move till the cops arive
smithman23
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

yeah its bull shit when you cannot even leave your own car in front of your own house with outs shit happinging to it!!! What you going to do about it?
smithman23
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

yeah its bull shit when you cannot even leave your own car in front of your own house with outs shit happinging to it!!! What you going to do about it?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

yeah i have my car and my gf's broken into in n my driveway.
i lost my stereo and my ash tray and they left my guitar on the back seat.
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

yer they messed it all up stole the speakers but worst of all they paint has fine scratches in it from the glass but i am lucky its still there
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

Hey - I'm real sorry bout u'r news, but tell me - did you have tint on your windows? GHL or Solex locks?? - not being a smart arse either - just curious to know if these things do really tend to stop break in's or not?? I've never seen a tinted window smashed but having tried getting old tint off I would imagine it would be pretty hard to fuck with, specially after the window was in thousands of pieces!

For all you other guys just dropping by here - DON'T BUY SHIT THAT HAS BEEN STOLEN NO MATTER HOW CHEAP IT IS - IT JUST ENCOURAGES THE CUNTS THAT STEAL OUR CARS TO STEAL MORE OF THEM!!!
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

you have options....get a garage or get a carport with a big fucking gate...keep the fuckers out and away from yer pride and joy.
not much help, but thats the way i see it.
feel sorry for ya dude.
rob.
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

get a lock up garage... put yours in it not your parents car.. whatever coz new cars are much harder to steal.. hehe
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

It makes me angry that my sisters (comprehensively insured) daewoo gets garage preference over my gemini.

Not only is my gemini easy to steal... my sisters car has the ultimate theif detterent.... A DAEWOO BADGE
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA too true but isnt it weird that the most stolen cars are excels???? go figure
kickemharder
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:22 am    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

If you go to tint a car you can get security window film called Ultratough which is ment to make your windows 7 times more resistant to attack than the usual film.
www.tintacar.com.au

Ben
bad_gemini82
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

hey ppl

im 17 and still living at home so putting a carport up is one option but dad wont let me put up a front fence.....

and about putting it in the garage...on one side is dads pajero which is scratched really bad becuase they go 4WD and tthe motorbike gets the other side and he wont push it to the side so we can fit the gems in there..

well about the tints...i havent had the money to get tints at the moment with the way fuel is but i am really intersted
in looking at that ultratough (thanks ben)

well
see you later guys
rob
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: watch out for theifs in the Illawarra Reply with quote

ive got a good idea that will shock wouldbe car thiefs. all u need is a extra heavy duty truck battery in the boot, a relay of some sort n a step up transformer. (it helps if u know an auto electrician). basically it acts like an electric fence through the car body. u only have to disconnect the ground on the car battery so it doesnt ruin ure wiring. and it really hurts as someone tried to flog my car from a dingy carpark. we found the guy in the gutter convulsing, so we kicked the shit through him n left..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: