HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

avoid these guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: avoid these guys Reply with quote

If anyone's needing metal polished in Brissie, don't visit one at Coopers Plains. They just ripped me off big time. Supposed to have removed casting marks etc but didn't etc etc. I timidly did all the out of sight stuff myself with file and 240/400 paper and my prep work turned out to be better than theirs. F**k that shits me :0(
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: avoid these guys Reply with quote

pisses me right off...

i only pay a pro when its something i cant do myself.. or if i want a professional job done..

had a similar experience today. Forked over hard earned money for what was obviously a rush job and i could have done it better myself. i rekon he made about 80% profit out of me
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: avoid these guys Reply with quote

coopers planes!?!?! i know a guy sorta in that area who does a killer job for cheep as!!!!!! do u know AJ's the swiming joint with the skate park in the tenis court?????
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: avoid these guys Reply with quote

Professionals rarely do good jobs. Just coz it's their profession doesn't mean they're any good at it..
As always, if you want something done properly you've gotta do it yourself.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: avoid these guys Reply with quote

Hey Gene,
I don't know AJ's. What's the guys name, I wouldn't mind a recommendation.
cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: avoid these guys Reply with quote

tim, works from his house at jimbomba but use to have stuffed dropped off at the skate park he owned and take it home
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: avoid these guys Reply with quote

i totally agree! lets face it, i could go and get a job at one of these places tomorrow and instantly become a "professional", what makes them any better than me? they have experience, but i actually care about the results.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:56 am    Post subject: Re: avoid these guys Reply with quote

Exactly, they've gotta finish all their jobs as quickly as possible as they need to make a profit.. If you do it yourself it may take ages but you can do a perfect job
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: avoid these guys Reply with quote

And here we are confronted with the real problem with the 21st century, profit before integrity.

Everyone's looking out for themselves, not the customer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: