HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

distributers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tim hill
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: distributers Reply with quote

are g161 distributers interchangeable with g200.
yesterday i went to order a ring kit for a g200 and they wern't in the book under gemini's. there was a g200z from a rodao, would this motor have the same rings?
what prices would i be looking at for a bottem end gasket kit, ring and bearing kit?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: distributers Reply with quote

gemini's never came out with a 2l

the g200z is the 2l that is a straight bolt in swap and was originally brought out in the rodeo (another isuzu engined car)
tim hill
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: distributers Reply with quote

the transport department said that some of the slx models had 2l in them, but your probably right. i have a g200 not a g200z whats the difference?

do you know if they use the same distributers?
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: distributers Reply with quote

Read what he just said NO GEMINI"S COME OUT WITH A 2Litre.. NONE, NOT ONE, NEVER , ... Michael

P.S. The motor you have comes from a rodeo ...
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: distributers Reply with quote

Department of Transport are a bunch of over paid and under educated idiots. The Gemini was only ever availiable with a 1600 or 1800. The majority of parts for the G200 are interchangible with both engines. In essence all three engines are the same, just different internals to give a higher capacity. If you want to do anything to your distributor, my suggestion is to go to the wreckers for a Rodeo electronic item complete with the coil and ignition fitted to a G200. Apparently the Holden Shuttle vans electronic dizzy coil and module can also be used for the Rodeo distributor. The points ignition system is a little out-dated compared to an electronic set up.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: 1800cc?? Reply with quote

Surely you guys mean the 1800cc deisel, I don't know of a G180Z engined Gemini as factory fitment. G200 is what's cast into the block, G200Z is it's official GM-H factory code. It was also the standard motor for the Jackeroo until 1984-85 along with the Rodeo which had all three motors at one point; G161Z, G180Z, & G200Z.

Yonnee.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Diesel 1800cc?? Reply with quote

Yeah, diesel 1800cc. I've never found any writings on any G180Z petrol engine fitted to any Gemini as of yet - not that i've read any more than say 4 or 5 books on the history of Holden or the Gemini in particular. I've had a few mates have drunken arguements over whether the ZZ/Z was fitted with a petrol 1800cc engine. Not very pretty, but highly funny to a straighter person that has at least read a couple of books to have a more educated opinion. Mind you, these same friends broke into a heated arguement when one of them told me that the Holden 179, 186 and 202 have identical internal measurements, and i kindly but quietly corrected them. Some people are a classic when they hit the piss aren't they? Surprised)
Jasyn...
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: no 2ltr gems? Reply with quote

Hey, i thought that some IMPORTED gems had a g200 or g200dohc engines? there are some jap factory-spec gems around that have apparntly factory 2litre engines in em...so whats the deal with them?
rob.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: no 2ltr gems? Reply with quote

The Import models could have a few variations on the locally produced counter-parts. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were fitted with an 1800 or 2litre. I was only refering to the local models as they're all i have read about. If anyone does know for sure about options on import models then please share your knowledge as it would be interesting to know.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: no 2ltr gems? Reply with quote

1800 only ...Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: