HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Just a Quick Question guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Just a Quick Question guys Reply with quote

I didn't know what to type in the search for this question, but i was just wondering how do i get a part from NSW's down to Melb? Like how do i pay the guy? and how does he send it down? and how much does it cost for freight or postage if it's just a single webber??
thanx
steve
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a Quick Question guys Reply with quote

Just COD it via Aust Post. You tell them the price and either you or the recipient can pay the delivery cost. When it arrives, the person has to visit the post office and hand over the hard earned before they get the goodies. You then get a money order in the mail. easy as.
Cheers
Michael
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a Quick Question guys Reply with quote

of course it costs you $8 extra for COD. postage would be about $10-15 for a single weber (depends on weight and how far it has to go)
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a Quick Question guys Reply with quote

How safe are Money Orders? and what happens if i send the money to someone, and they decide not to send the part. I know i have their address and all that, but what can i really do if they decide to do that??
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Just a Quick Question guys Reply with quote

Well yeah. Don't send money to someone for precisely the reason you say. Just COD the part or ask to receive the part by COD. You don't hand money over until the part arrives, so you're protected. Aust Post don't hand the part over til you pay the money, so the senders protected. Aust post sends a money order (safe as churches)to the sender.
Cheers
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Just a Quick Question guys Reply with quote

Doesnt mean the person cant sent you a box with a brick etc in the mail though, Aus post wont take any responsibility for ensuring you are getting what your expecting. Although the sender would have to be a real prick to do that. Knew a person who had a vacant house next door so gave their address and used fake id and started selling stuff, cleaned up 5k in a few days. Good idea for making money but pretty bloody unethical.
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a Quick Question guys Reply with quote

I have bought and sold heaps of stuff by post, never bothered with COD, it just costs extra. as long as you know enough about the person , you are ok. if you are buying, you should get their home number and address. check them out in the white pages, to make sure that 1. they live there, 2. the number is correct. good idea to call them, make sure you know what you are buying. good idea to get a written receipt, also print emails and take notes of phone conversations. be wary of "free" emails too (ie yahoo, hotmail), emails with real domains can be traced back to the owner...

as long as you can correctly identify the person, then you can go to the police, get the person charged with fraud. if it is through a forum like this, then you can let others know of the sellers behaviour, then they aren't going to sell anything else...(be careful of defamation tho, only post statements that are true)

most people will do the right thing, as long as you are sensible you shouldn't have any problems.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Just a Quick Question guys Reply with quote

You're right, the average Joe will probably give you no hassles. But I have two words for you: Peace of Mind (google says 'of' is such a common word it is not considered ;o) Who could be worried about 8 lousy bucks tho' when you look at all the time and precautions you have to take and then you still might have to go to the cops.
Time = money , peace of mind = nice happy thoughts Surprised)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: