HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

My Gemmy is Stuffed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: My Gemmy is Stuffed Reply with quote

Hey. My TG is playing up. It feels as though petrol is not getting through. It was idling really low so I changed that and now it runs a little better but it still lacks acceleration when i put me foot to the floor. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Thanks
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: My Gemmy is Stuffed Reply with quote

Bit of shit in your fuel line??
Change your fuel filter to start with??
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My Gemmy is Stuffed Reply with quote

yeah change the fuel filter then if its fucked still put the ignition on ON and pull the fuel line off the carby see how much is comin out and if thats not the problem then its the carby
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: My Gemmy is Stuffed Reply with quote

Check for air leaks at the carb and manifold. Slowly block the top of your carb with your hand (not fully you could snap your fingers) while the engine is running and listen for any hissing coming from the manifold or carby base.
Check timing and jets also.
PurpleTG
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 6:21 pm    Post subject: Re: My Gemmy is Stuffed Reply with quote

I havent tried anything as yet but i am going to do it this arvo. I think there may be a problem with the electronic fuel pump that the previous owner put in. Any more ideas?
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: My Gemmy is Stuffed Reply with quote

What does the fuel pump look like? Where is it mounted? How is it wired?
Is it a problem that's been there for a while?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: