HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Car Stereo Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

I need some help. I have just finished installing all of my audio gear into my project car. Kenwood KDC-4018, front "4 splits, rear "6.5 2 ways, Philips 4ch amp and sub. I had it running and decided to turn it up a bit more, suddenly the head unit went dead and everything stopped. My wiring connections all look good (soldered & insulated), battery isn't dead.
Has anyone got any ideas of what the problem could be?

Sam
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 2:59 am    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

Check the Fuse?? including ones in your amp if ya have em in there. OR did you have a fuse to begin with? i made that mistake once. costed me a lot of money.
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

Thats what i think the problem might be. It only happened about 2 hours ago, so ill check it all over tomorrow when i have better light.

Cheers,
Sam
RedTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

How about an Earthing Problem??
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

I considered that too, but i checked all of my earths on a meter before i wired it all up.
RedTG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

well prolly be a pre amp or sumfin??

Regards
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

sounds like you may have fryed the volume modulator,ie being that you still have power to the facier
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

I've got my earth wire wedged between a bolt in da boot, it does da trick. But yeah i don't know what else it could be, might be a fault in da equipment, or the way you've wired it up.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:30 am    Post subject: BLOODY HELL!!!! Reply with quote

U DIDNT USE A FUSES?!?!?!?! what were u thinking???? i have over $3500 worth of sound gear and there is now way i would risk it even if it was $50 worth!!! ALWAYS use a fuse and disconect the batter when wireing!!! i would say u blew the fuses on the yellow wire coming out off the head unit? (might be different depending on modles) this would cause everything not to work
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:34 am    Post subject: BLOODY HELL!!!! Reply with quote

U DIDNT USE A FUSES?!?!?!?! what were u thinking???? i have over $3500 worth of sound gear and there is now way i would risk it even if it was $50 worth!!! ALWAYS use a fuse and disconect the batter when wireing!!! i would say u blew the fuses on the yellow wire coming out off the head unit? (might be different depending on modles) this would cause everything not to work
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

Does the head unit still power up? Where did you run the power wire for the Amp? What size fuses are you running?
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 3:49 am    Post subject: Re: Car Stereo Problem Reply with quote

Um, i should have posted this earlier when i fixed it this morning. It was just the fuse on my permanent power line from the battery (yellow wire, thankyou gene). It's nice to have fixed this whole problem with a 40 cent 10A fuse, having just finshed spending $1000 on my whole system.
By the way, Racegem, im using the setup that you recommended earlier on and it sounds f*#ing sweet. Thanks again.

Sam
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: No Prob. Sam Reply with quote

Nice to know I could be of service.

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: