HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuel Pump ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:10 am    Post subject: Fuel Pump ?? Reply with quote

What do you guys reckon of an electronic fuel pump?? do they work good on a gem?? You know one of those pumps that ya hook up near da carbie, so it pumps it in, so the carbie doesn't have to suck fuel. Is it worth while puttin one on mine?? and how much are they worth?? And one more thing, how much are those thermo fans worth? if anyone has any info, i'd love to hear from ya, thanx alot
appreciate it
steve.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump ?? Reply with quote

Gemini carbies don't suck fuel, they (TX-TE) are fed from an electric pump mounted in the fuel tank. This pump is questionable at best and replacing it is probably a wise thing.

Another note, you would not normally mount the pump in the bay as they are invariably work better pushing fuel than sucking it. The normal approach is to use a pick-up from the TF/TG models, then mount the pump in the boot.
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump ?? Reply with quote

series2 blue bird pumps work very well and are very cheap with hiperformance run 2 pumps 1 at the tank and 1 in the bay or spend the cash and buy malory pump and never worrie again
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump ?? Reply with quote

as for the thermo u can modify a tp magna 1 and it works bloody well for about $30 if ya wont ya can put the air con 1 on the front aswell and it really chills things down in a hurry should be able to buy the two for $50
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump ?? Reply with quote

just be careful, especially if you are going to put a weber on, as they won't take more than 2-3 psi of fuel pressure. you may need to put a regulator on your fuel line.

ps do you still want to buy my weber?
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump ?? Reply with quote

yeah i'm still interested in your webber badger, but i've just spent a bit of money on my car and only have about $300 probably scrape together another 50 and you wanted $450 didn't you?? i believe they must be in very good condition, so i'll see what i can do. Keep me posted if you are willing to knock da price down just a bit Smile thanx mate, cheers.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pump ?? Reply with quote

My TX was already originally fitted with an electric pump in the boot, it's getting the flick for a Facet pump from Autobarn (Yonnee's ears will start burning soon *S*) P/N FUE-40104 for a stock to very mild engine or FUE-40105 for a mild to reasonably worked engine. I think he quoted around $100. Reasonable for a decent new pump - unless you go the second-hand Bluebird route as someone else mentioned.
As far as the Thermo's, i was pointed in the direction of twins from a Mazda 626. A wrecker quoted me $40, that's a relatively little outlay as well. Just a couple of ideas for you.
Jasyn...
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Did someone say autObarn??? Reply with quote

Yeah the Facet FUE-40104 runs 2.5 - 3.5psi, and as Adam said, work better 'pushing' the fuel from the boot.

Davies Craig thermo's are getting REAL expensive lately, over $200 retail!! The wreckers is a good idea because just about everything runs one now. Make sure they let you test it before you buy. You can buy the factory thermal switches aftermarket too. Just get a nut to match the one you buy, and get your local radiator guy to braise it into the tank on your radiator. Tell you what... I'll do a workshop article on fitting one and wiring it up, and send it to Adam.
OK Adam??

Yonnee.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Did someone say autObarn??? Reply with quote

Sounds good
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Did someone say autObarn??? Reply with quote

HAHAHA! Your a classic dude!
The workshop article would be unreal as so many people want to throw their belt driven item away.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: