HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Twin Webbers wtd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Twin Webbers wtd Reply with quote

I am Still looking for Twin Side Draft or down draft webbers with manifold and linkages, preferably side draft. If anyone is interested in sellin me a set, or knows where i can get a set from, please email me at "sweetknight_15@hotmail.com" it would be great if u's could guys, thanx alot
pervert
SNZ12L
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Webbers wtd Reply with quote

I've got a set of twin 40 delortos, linkages, manifold etc.if you would be interested in them?
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Webbers wtd Reply with quote

Yeah man, i'm very interested, how much for? are they side or down draft? please get back to me, or email me at "sweetknight_15@hotmail.com"
ps. where abouts you from?
cheers
SNZ12L
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Webbers wtd Reply with quote

They're side draft, with the unifilter sock air filters and anodised blue zoom tubes, on my car at the moment, somewhere around the $600 mark and I'ld be tempted to pull them off. I'm in Newcastle.
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Webbers wtd Reply with quote

Sounds good mate, i'm in melb so how much would freight cost?? But i'm willing to pay $600 if you cover the cost for freight. email me at "sweetknight_15@hotmail.com" get back to me and let me know if you alrite with this.
thanx pervert
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Webbers wtd Reply with quote

hey Pervert, how many webers do you want?
you have already offered to buy mine!
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Webbers wtd Reply with quote

Nah man sorry i didn't get back to you, had tafe and shit to do, but yeah i was really lookin for twin side drafts. My friend is working my engine so sides will be better for it. Thanx for your help though, good luck with sellin your webber,
sorry again.
pervert
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Twin Webbers wtd Reply with quote

no probs, two points however:

1. if you offer to buy something then that is technically a contract, if I was a bastard I could (possibly) legally force you to buy them anyway, don't worry I am not going to! In future don't say you will buy something unless you intend to...

2. Unless you are building a race car, I seriously think that you should go with a single weber. check out my comments in reply to your question in general chat. Even my worked rally car did better with the single weber than with twins...
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Twin Webers wtd Reply with quote

Just remember that your engine is just a big air pump. With a large induction such as twin webers a stock engine will need to have big mods to run efficiently. Not only will it need to be able to breath in a (hopefully) stoichiometric mixture, it must be able to do something with it and also be able to get rid of it. A Free flowing head with lots of lift, good exhaust and big compression (10+:1) will help make it get up an boogie.
Anything less and it will be a dog to drive under 3000rpm and bog down hard. If you want to drive it 3000+ constantly fine, but your engine and fuel bill wont love you for it (or will the police).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: