HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Anyone running a 4ZE1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

Anyone using the 2.6 litre engine?

If so, what acc cable, I remember racegem saying a camira cable screws in, but I haven't been able to check the length. What are people using?

Ben Wight
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

YOU have been very quiet ben where were you hiding trust race gem he is very wise
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

hey ben how much did you pay for your motor/ just want an av price coz i want to buy 1
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

Did I??
With my contacts I can certainly find out what cable might fit.

Yonnee
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

I am installing the injection manifold onto a G200, I haven't got a full engine, although I did get a quote a few months ago from a commercial wreckers, 1300 for a SH one in need of reconditioning, His price was rediculously expensive.

I just need a slightly longer acc cable to reach the throttle body.

Ben Wight
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

I thought it was you, the thread was about t week ago. Might have been Mark.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 3:40 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

Hey, I'll take the credit if it's correct. Surprised)

But if it's wrong....."I know nuthing." lol
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

It was me, it was out of a JE manual camira. Just measured it up really badly with a ruler (cant find my measuring tape) and its about 135cm give or take which was perfect for my twin su's but will probably be a little long for your needs - although you can always do a dodgy job and just loop it around its self to take up some of the length.
135kwtegem
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

I run an import g200 with injection which is nearly indentical to the 4ze1 becasue I have one of them aswell.
on the g200 I run a 4ze1 cable. It dosent screw into the fire wall but you can stll get this cable to work and it is the perfect length.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

What did ya do to your twincam to get it to put out 135? is that at the wheels?

just curious cause im thinking of working my g180 to get some more punch
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

or get one that is to long
chop the end at where it comes into the cabin to length
goto a Sailing Shop
and they have all sorts of wonderful things to crimp to ends of accelerator cables.
135kwtegem
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

Martin
My g200 is not a twin cam it's a jap spec g200. (bigger flat top pistons and injection.)
Ive fitted a TD05 turbo a big truck intercoller, low compression pistons Vl Turbo injectors, malpasie fuel pressure regulator and it's running 17 pound boost. and thats just the start of what it's got. Good luck with your efforts.
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

Do you remember how much the cable was, did you buy it new from a holden dealers, or aftermarket??

What years rodeo had the 4ZE1, 86 or so??

Cheers!
Ben Wight
135kwtegem
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone running a 4ZE1 Reply with quote

I think your about spot on the the year it was about 86-89 I think.
I just got my from the wreckers it cost $25
If you go to a good wrecker with all there shit on computer you should just be able to ask for a throttle cable off a 2.6l Rodeo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: