HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Granny spec gem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Granny spec gem Reply with quote

I was just wondering what people would pay for a complete 'granny spec' gem. I'm talkin about one thats genuinely been driven to the shops/bowling club all its life, always garaged, under 100,000 ks, NO RUST, not even a spec. Basically looking the same as the day it was driven from the car yard. Yeah, so whats the most people would pay for one???
Thanx Deb
Gigfus
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:14 am    Post subject: $3k Reply with quote

I'd expect to pay between $2k and $3k for a "mint" condition gem Smile
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: $3k Reply with quote

i would have to agree...but for my pocket's sake a bit closer to $2k... i'm just as impressed with a dead tidy stocker gem, as with any hardcore mod'd one.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Granny spec gem Reply with quote

do you want to sell it and what model is it
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Granny spec gem Reply with quote

nah sorry im not selling it, i might be buying it. It was $3000, but thru a friend I can get it for $2000!! Only problem its beige.... but that can be changed. Its a 4 speed, the paints still shiny, and the lady who owned it had special shoes just for drivin it. Its a TE sl
So $2000 is an ok price.... not too much to pay?!?! I wouldnt have paid 3but 2 I could think about.

Deb
stocky
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: $3k Reply with quote

i paid $100 for my gem, well my newish one
completely stock, months rego, rings were gone everything else perfect, about two 50c pieces worth of rust in the engine bay, brand new tyres on sle mags
sick mate
Shelstar
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Granny spec gem Reply with quote

Personally, i think this gemi sounds worth it. It seems like the sort that without a lot of work or money, could look sweet!
I say go for it!!!! and good luck!
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:00 pm    Post subject: be careful! Reply with quote

my brother bought the gem i own now with 50 000 km's on the clock, (sold on behalf of a dead old guy) but how does that explain that the engine blew before 100 000 kms?? I always looked after it, so my only conclusion is that the km's were tampered with!! its really not difficult.

most of the time old people dont really look after cars that well. youd be better buying one that a had a professional respray etc and get a bargan.
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Granny spec gem Reply with quote

sounds like a good deal to me i bought my zz/z for
1500 of my old next door neighbour and it had 125 000 on the clock but it had a bit of rust so if i was you
i'd go for it
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: I bought it!!!! Reply with quote

Well I've been to look at it and its absolutely immaculate, original am/fm radio, paint as shiny as a new car, the ladies son is a mechanic so its been well looked after. The springs were recently replaced with Monroe gas shocks cos the original ones rattled. We couldnt find any rust except for about a 5cent piece in the boot floor which is to be expected. So know i have to think about selling my baby Sad
Deb
(thanx to those who replied earlier)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: