HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

ideas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:35 am    Post subject: ideas Reply with quote

just a couple of ideas to maybe improve the site.

1. have a BROWSE PROFILES type thing with all of the members of this site on there.

2. have a space to have a pic/pics of your gem on your profile.

3. aswell as having the FOR SALE forum have a classifieds type section where stuff for sale is kept until it is sold. this would be good because so many people post and posts on the forum get lost easily and also you have to contact the person to find out whether it is still for sale.

anyway what do people think.

danny
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

I reckon having a pic of your Gemini in the profile is a top idea - even if it's just a thumbnail link to your car in the gallery or something.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

i agree, that would be good...
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

yeah, I like the profile idea. I have been thinking of doing a "hotornot" type thing for gems too, that would sit quite well with the profile idea
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:55 pm    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

That could offend some people though.

Then again, people would have to realise that it's not a personal attack - if you're driving a blue boonger with a red fender and a green bonnet and a rust hole in the beaver panel the size of a football, you can't really expect much of a rating, can you?

Paint Shop Pro will be my new best friend!

I've taken some pics of the Breader for the site - I've got to scan them yet - but have you noticed that I don't actually have a pic of my car up on the site? I'm proud that my FeralVan is one of the first pics on here though, not that anybody sees it - it's getting buried deeper and deeper into the gallery!

That's why I reckon you should scrap the Gallery sections as they are, and replace them with sections for TX-TC-TD-TE-TF-TG.

My compendium is probably going to have at least one photo of each model, as well as at least one photo of other types of Gems from around the world. You might want to have a section after TG for Other T-Cars or something. That way, the Opel Kadetts that are included (like Thommys and that Testarossa-style one I sent in ages ago) would have a place to live too.

When somebody brought up "what if it's got a TG front on a TX or something", then bung it in TX - it IS a TX, even if it doesn't look like one. Even if there are no details on the car, you could provide comments (or get me to - I don't mind) that state that the car has been modified to include a TG front, etc etc.

I'm getting itchy typing fingers again - this weekend I promise that I will get MS Word from my friend and try to complete the much awaited document - it was almost finished last year when the computer went down. It was backed up, but it's really hard to convice WordPad to open a 20,000 word document...
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

Number 3 needs urgent addressing. I have posted gear twice and in no time it disappears off the forum. Hardly anyone travels back in time unless they are after specific info.

A classifieds section as such would work much better Smile
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea too
DOHC
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

I definately support this. Very soon I'll be in possession of a TC (or TD) not too sure which that I will be scrapping for parts. I'd like to sell the bits through here to make things easier.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

I'm not too keen on the "Hot or Not" thing. Dave has mentioned that some people may be offended if their car is a heap, but what about people with cars that are inbetween. They might believe that their car is hot, but you guys might think its not. It's all bias, personal opinion!
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 9:13 am    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

If we do it it will be a totally new section. so we won't be using pictures from the gallery. If you want to be in it you have to upload the picture yourself. I agree that it is all personal opinion, but some people love to know what others think of their car Smile
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

Rather than have an "either / or" hotornot, what about a vote icon like in Workshop. The picture of your car could then be voted 'for', and those that were just average wouldn't get votes as opposed to a 'negative' reaction?

Clear as mud? Thoughts??

Yonnee.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ideas Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the voting thing is a good idea. Its a fairer way to catagorise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Web Site All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: