HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Bad leakage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple TG
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 4:39 pm    Post subject: Bad leakage Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
As I recently bought my TG last night was the first night it has been rained on. And as I discovered this morning an inch deep puddle of water on my passenger seat floor. The water looks to have come from behind the dash. How do I fix this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad leakage Reply with quote

Replace the windscreen seals or get them resealed by a windscreen repair company eg windscreens obrien, novus etc. Door seals r they broken? if so get the replaced. Clark rubber have gemini door seals by the metre. Rarespares have windscreen seals. Click on the rarespares ad on the left of this page under the about section to go to their website. I think there r a few other spots where water comes in but i cant remember where, someone will reply hopefully coz i wanna know too
Purple TG
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad leakage Reply with quote

Ive checked all the obvious places where water could come in but it seems to be coming out of under the dash? Im thinking behind the dash the two bonnet vent things might get water in them and it has rusted through the firewall and int the dash???
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad leakage Reply with quote

in the shelf part that is near the window wiper motor might be rusten through

also it comes in thu the heater and leaks down the side

it can leark down from your kick panels and also from where the fan box joins the firewall and the heater

i've had every single one of the above places leak in my TX, it took 3 weeks of having the car stripped but i blocked em all up

now i wish someone would just come and buy my non-leaky TX

my new TG leaks like a russian submarine so now its gonna take a week to fix this one up!
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad leakage Reply with quote

yea, i had the same problem on the driver side tho, when u pour water tru the external heater vents, it comes out of the heater, and pours down the drivers side of the engine bay, it has this little ditch in the body it pours down, and near the block, it poured tru this hole that the rust did, and water came on2 the floor, i dunno if it's only my gem, but it has this one little bit where water can sit, where it pours down the side of the engine bay, and can just sit there and rust, i got some shit, and fucken plugged up the damn hole, problem fixed.

just pur water tru the external vents for the heater, and watch where it goes.

chris.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad leakage Reply with quote

Get someone like your girlfriend (or boyfriend if you're that way inclined) to stand out of the car with a hose spraying the front end problem area, while you sit in it with your melon poking up looking for the leak site. Once you've found where the water is coming from, it's a matter of using logic to fix it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: