HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Adelaide Cruise was good, but....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 1:42 pm    Post subject: Adelaide Cruise was good, but.... Reply with quote

Not much has been said of the success of the Adelaide to Victor cruise - probably because it wasn't entirely successful.

We started out with about 17 or so cars, including some real smick ones.

However, by the time we'd reached Victor Harbor, a couple of good ones had disappeared - RPM-GEM didn't even start the Cruise, and Robert Wann's stocky TE with EFI turbo just disappeared.

Without a doubt, the biggest drama was the Ford driver in Mount Compass who, whilst busy perving at Harley Davidsons on the side of the road, ran straight up the back of Bluewire Sean Basford's immaculate TD van. His car wasn't a race car, but it had custom body mods that made it a smooth looking unit, and the interior has won awards for the ingenuity of the stereo and CD changer installation.

We all hope that Sean's car is fixed and not written off, but the damage was quite extensive, buckling the long rear quarter panel badly, to the point where his passenger door must be slammed shut.

Everybody was secretly thinking that DJ Poizon Todd Coopers car should have been the one to get hit - it was a boonger runabout which had already been rear-ended. Then Todd came out and said "You know, it would have been better if mine had been hit!" Such sacrifice.

But what's done is done.

Good luck Sean - let us know what they say, and if they do write it off, then show 'em your trophies and awards tell them to fix it or you'll insert said trophies into the assessors arse. Sideways.

Hopefully there'll be a larger write up, with some pics, in the near future.

Dave
Bluewire
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 10:32 pm    Post subject: Thanks Guys...... Reply with quote

"Hey Thanks" you guys for your suport on my bad luck i felt pritty bad all day but you guys help stop the pain...
Thanks Again

Well this is the dollars of the crash... $3000. dollars worth of damage but not a wright off, the car is worth about $7000. so it will be fixed and they will fix the front and the rear.... Hey is that cool or what..
So i think the Van will be back on the road about March.
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Cars Reply with quote

Good thing for that Coke that made it all better then hey!!

and what are you talking about boonger runabout... she's my fiancee!! and as for rear ended, our sex life is OUR BUSINESS!!! lol

Besides the project car is almost done... looks like it will be out in about march aswell.. be good to be in league with Bluewire and Mooch on the paintwork, and shortly after interior/sterio. Then I'll finish the engine Smile

Todd.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: awesome Reply with quote

That's awesome news, man!!!
DOHC
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2002 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Guys...... Reply with quote

Good to hear the van isn't a write off, can't wait to see it back on the road at the next cruise!
jono
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: awesome Reply with quote

hey! i saw ur beast sitn out the back the otha day.
fark lucky u dont have to pay for it!!!
if they dont fix it right let me know n ill sell them dodgy chairs!!lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: