HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TE Sedan Tyres

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crumb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 10:20 pm    Post subject: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

I have a Standard TE sedan, and want to replace the 175/70 R13 and put 14" tyres on it what size would you suggest?

thanks
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

The way you worded that, it sounds like you want to put 14" tyres on a 13" rim. Strange....
crumb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

no, i mean buy the tyre and rim together.
i am a lazy person
#:^)
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

I know, I figured thats what you ment.
I'm just in a picky mood Smile
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

I've put 14" BMW steelies on my TD panelvan, with 195/60s up front and 205/60s down the back.

They don't rub often and my car is lowered to just on legal height.

The Bimmer wheels are off an early 3-series, obviously with a 4x100 stud pattern, in 14"x5.5", so fitting the tyres isn't a problem, and the 205s especially look really fat, as they bulge a little around the rims.

My mate has some 15" Performance mags with 205/50s on the back, and his don't look anywhere near as fat! Poor guy. Then again, his EFI DOHC G200W slays my car....

Cheers,

Dave
crumb

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

205 ? i doubt that would fit under a standard gem sedan, or do they?

you have no problems with the fronts when the wheel is pushed up while turning?

thenks though i didn't think 205 or 195 would fit on a gemini.

#:^)
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

Yep 205s will fit, no problems, just as long as the OFFSET IS CORRECT!!! Also I wouldn't recommend 205s on anything less than a 6.5 inch wide rim if you are looking for decent handling... personally I've decided (with no evidence/scientific reasoning) that 195/50R15s on a 6 inch rim are about right.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

I have 205/60r13's on a 6inch wheel there pretty good. dont scrub or anything, just gets abit taley in the wet
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: TE Sedan Tyres Reply with quote

Adam,

I don't mean to contradict you, because you are the oracle of all things suspension, but my 205s on the 5.5" rim handle pretty well, I reckon. I had 195s on the back many moons ago, but there was little discernable difference in the handling either way - so I stuck with 205s because they look better Wink

My car certainly holds on pretty well at Mallala, although it could do better - Mallala is a fairly smooth track, wherase the average road is much more average.

I don't have a doubt that 195s on a 15x6.5" rim would do pretty well - but for the sake of budget, my one set of rims for both road and race are as previously mentioned, and they do all right.

As long as it out handles all the dudes in their dumped VH Commodore autos, then I'll remain happy. Might have to do more about it when I get a decent engine though....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: