HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Oil pressure gauge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 4:27 pm    Post subject: Oil pressure gauge Reply with quote

I can't get the oil pressure gauge working properly. In the workshop manual, there are two wires, each one going to a different oil pressure switch/sender thing. I've found the two wires but I can only find one switch/sender on the bottom of the block. One just makes the gauge sit at maximum all the time, the other one sits at minimum when the car is on, then jumps to max when the car is started. Am I supposed to have two switch/senders? If so where is the other one supposed to be?
Thanks
Phil
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil pressure gauge Reply with quote

You need to get a different sender unit to make the oil guage work. It did the exact same thing when I put my Tacho Dash in my TG. Who/Where did you get the tacho dash from? Go back and hassle them about the sender unit. Cos the normal one doesnt work cos it only switches an earth when there is no oil pressure at all. And the Tacho dash one uses variable resistance
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Oil pressure gauge Reply with quote

So will I need to leave the normal one in aswell?
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: Oil pressure gauge Reply with quote

mate, my one fukt up, well it didn't fuk up, i fucked up the thread when i screwed something else in which i thought was supposed 2 go there, and now my oil thing wokrs, but the sensor on the side of the block is huge, i got all these connector thingy's, looks chunky as, i won't solve ure problem, but oh well. might aswell let u think of mine.

chris.
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil pressure gauge Reply with quote

No, just source a oil pressure sender unit, unscrew the old one and screw in the new one (trying to spill as least amount of oil as you can). then hook up the two wires to it.
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Oil pressure gauge Reply with quote

when you have a sender unit on ur block, its actually connected to a t piece that has your normal oil pressure switch joined to it too. one for pressure ok/not ok, one for the actual pressure reading.

go to the wreckers and look on the side of all the gemmi engines there - ive found 2 this way.

rodeo's and [apparently] the commodore black 6cyl engines had the same sender.

hope that helps!!

-Woz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: