HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

2 litre TE into TX?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

Is there anything difficult about slotting a 2 litre engine out of a TE into a TX where an 1800 used to belong? I am thinking of getting a 2 litre for mine, and just want to know all the details.

Cheers
joseph
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

no probs
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

Excellent, cheers for the quick reply.
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

I stuffed up, it's a TG....Still the same story?

Sorry to be a pain, but I got a couple more questions....

1) What's the biggest cam I can put into a stock 2 litre?
2) Would fitting the 1800 head to it, make it perform better?
3) In QLD, do I need a compliance plate to fit the 2 litre even though it came out of another Gemini?
4) Is the diff interchangeable between the TG and the TX?

Thanks for teaching a Gemini newbie a few things Smile
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

Size of the cam depends on the thickness of the head and how good your valve springs are.
A .4225" lift works ok in my 1600 head.
--
Put a 1600 or 1800 head on the g200 if you want you want
more static compression.
--
Dunno about the diff.

Hope that helps!
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 6:12 am    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

I have the head off my 1800 that has had a little work done to it. Wouldn't want to put it on and stuff up the whole show though. Reckon I might put it on and try it out anyway...

Just need help on the diff now? Anyone know if they are interchangeable?
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

Yeah try out the 1800 head, you might want to turn the motor over by hand before to start to see if any valves hit the pistons. Just to make sure.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

Everything on Geminis are interchangable .. they are all the same car.... Michael
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

Not everything...
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

since we were talking about the motor and drive train, I think you will find they are the same Wink But being as though I always like to learn Im all ears Ben .... Michael
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 litre TE into TX? Reply with quote

Drive train very similar yes, only have to watch for weird combinations of gearbox and tailshaft splines. We all know the TX was't meant to have a 5 speed Smile
Yeah, I think I am partially deaf or something, sorta missed the bit about drivetrain only.
Extra pollution gear and all that crap on the motor and gearbox is about it. And the silly pollution switch on the top of some boxes, confused the hell outta me when I connected the reverse lights to it, wondering why the lights lit up in all gears but fifth and reverse...

Silly Geminis Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: