HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Acknologing fellow Gems
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jul
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

Is there some kind of universal Gem acknowledgement hand signal (to go with the beeping) that is better than the C looking G i try to pull out when i see worthy gems?
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

Usually I just do the old 'Head-nod of Acknowledgement' when I pull up to a nice Gem. Smile

C looking G ? Wat da?
Jul
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

when ya try and make a G with yer fingers, it looks like a C.

I dont think the head nod quite cuts it. i pulled up next to a gem panel van today and he yelled "GEMINI" and did a variety of odd hand movements. That was good. Better than a head nod.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

here in brisbane, the trend is to shout GEMINI!! in a tuff voice and/or give a thumbs up as u pass eachother.
its quite a unique thing if u ask me HAHAHA
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:33 am    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

I yell out:

GEMMEEEYYYY

to rhyme with South Park's

TIMMMEEEYYY
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

LMAO!
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

Hehehe
There's also the people round here who yell out 'GO THE GEMMY!'
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

i was parked at the shops waiting for my sister to come back and this drunk dero guy staggers past... stops... looks at the car... and keeps walking signing

'gemini, gemini gemy gemy geminiiiiiiiii gemi gemi gemi niiiiiiiii"

but my girlfriends yells out "GEMNIIIIIIII"

thats pretty cool... ive almost trained her in all the diffrerent models...
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

at the lights
Im met with a few things
Sometime laughter (from things like 1.6l laser's etc they eat my dust Smile I got a Worked 2L with XF weber)
somtimes "WhAT the Fuck Is in that mate?" (its loud)
oftern "BAG IT UP!!"
"GO THE GEMI"

its strange that the cars get singled out so much, every1 know what a gemini is Smile tis cool
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

You know why people single them out?

Because they were the best four cylinder ever offered by Holden, and for the time of the TX-TC-TD, they were the best four cylinder on the market - no offence to the TE-TF-TG people, but by then the Gemini was suffering - new FWD cars offered the versatility of a hatch back and extra space - ever noticed how much more space there is in any given FWD four?

Fortunately though, the Gemini was already ingrained in the psyche of the Australian motorist, and regardless of model (except RB), they have entered Aussie folklore as a good first car with good looks, good performance and a huge, deep boot - through which you can sometimes see the road.

Those who call them Germinis or Feminis just aren't Australian...
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

My friends call mine the 'Lebani', because the majority of Gem owners are of ethnic background.

NOTE - please don't anyone take this as a racist stereotype, it's just an observation!
Jul
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

YES!!!
thats the greatest thing about gems....
small ethnic boys, who possibly have difficulty seeing over the steering wheel.
BRING IT ON
its just wonderful...
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

Lets check my status with that?
Italian, 168cm, have trouble seeing over steering wheel. Cool, looks like i join the club. - but my seats are mounted hell low. My mate is 6'4" and he has a good 4 inches of clearance with his head. Has anyone else with a wagon noticed how high u sit in the back?

Adam
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

Ahh, with me it is more the problem of having my legs up around my ears, and my knees knocking on the window winders... got a nice bruise from my last highway trip

im 6'1" and i cant drive with my work boots on cause there aint enough space for them down there..

i got a feeling there is less space in this import than my old tx, its designed for little japanese blokes!
IMDGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Acknologing fellow Gems Reply with quote

just a thaught my dad is in the nsw hsv/hdt owners club and they seen 2 have a elaborat set up thumb on the A pillar and a finger pointing at da other car may be 4 gems it should be one finger pointing at da cross /mirror ball or wat eva is hanging off da rear view mirror ???????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: