HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Stud Patten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuff187
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 4:39 am    Post subject: Stud Patten Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone can tell me what other cars have the same stud patten as a Gemini??

Thankyou
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Stud Patten Reply with quote

Best is the early 3 series beemers as they have both the same stud pattern (4x100mm) but also the correct offset (25mm positive). The camira, early pulsar, corolla, sprinter, some hondas, the calibra and a fair few other cars have the same stud pattern but offsets vary.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Stud Patten Reply with quote

yea, i got 14" x 5 1/2 BMW rims, and they fit fine
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Patten Reply with quote

I got 'em too and they look shit-hot for a set of stockies. I got the original hubcaps in the middle to keep them neat looking too (original hubcaps for a panelvan anyway).
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Patten Reply with quote

O.K here we go...
After a few years in the tyre game,,,
Most later model cars(FWD)are 4x100,but the centre hole is smaller on a few of them eg nissan pulsar(14"pursuit style)
will not go over the front hub. If you get mag wheels off 1 of these cars, then usually they have a locating ring in the back. Take it out and they should fit no probs.
Sometomes the inset on front wheel drive cars may seem excessive when u try 2 bolt them to a gem(hitting the shock absorber)but in most cases when the car is on the ground they will clear no probs( I have 16"off a late model daewoo that foul on the shocks when the front is in the air)
You cannot use 13"FWD mags because they foul on either the top ball joint, the steering arm or the turning circle is affected.the most usable wheels are,,,
VW polo 14x6(standard & mag)
Honda integra
Nissan pulsar (mag only)
Daewoo nubira (the steel wheel is a VERY tight fit)
Holden calibra (these are 15"factory)
BMW series 3 (4stud series)
Hyundai (just kidding!!)
Toyota corolla (seca & a few other models)
I hope this helps you on your wheel choices!

daewoo nubira
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Stud Patten Reply with quote

Which model pulser and corolla fit??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Patten Reply with quote

i just got rims off my mates 83 corolla and they didnt fit
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Patten Reply with quote

25mm???????? i have 15" mags with 35mm offset and they fit 205 tyres and its sitting on the bumpstops!! no gards have been rolled or anything. and theres no scrubbing
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Stud Patten Reply with quote

your 83 rolla is rear wheel drive.Only the front wheel drive rollas fit!
there are a few more vehicles that fit , the few i gave were off the top of my head
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: