HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

piazza

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carcass ink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: piazza Reply with quote

will a G180 DOHC head fit on the 2L piazza turbo motor???
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

In short, No. Piazza are sinle cam, whereas the G180 DOHC is twincam. a G180 SOHC will however fit nicely, but if you are wanting to do it to up compression I would suggest a G161 SOHC or G160 SOHC head.

Todd
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

WTF?? A G180 SOHC on a Piazza motor? Since when?
I was under the impression the Piazza is a belt driven OHC and there are slight differences? I have read that the manifolds will bolt up though.

And the G160? I need a refresher as to what a G160 is, isn't it a pushrod four?
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

Doesnt matter if the heads from a g180 or a g180W, no other heads are going to fit on a piazza 4zc1 motor as they are a completely different engine.
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

i agree with Fastgem. It will not fit on I would say. Never believe anything that you "read" or are told by someone that reckons that his mates uncle (for example) got a G200 out of a zz/z gemini. most of what people reckon is just plain wrong. So thats why I only believe what will fit on this and what comes in that unless I have seen it for myself, or have read up on published facts.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

Yep there's no way it will work. The G200 head has the extra bit on the front to seal the oil in for the chain.. But it might bolt on anyway, and look very dodgy.. And you've gotta attach the pulley somehow
Also the 4ZC1 has a distributor off the side of the head so you wouldn't have a distributor anymore wihch would be a pain in the ass
Mark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

I would assume that a head off the 1.8l shuttle would fit as they are an identical motor (4zb1) but dont hold me to it. Why would you want to raise the compression on a turbo motor however????? If you want to go faster put in more boost, not more compression.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

Yeah mate, the G160 is a OHV pushrod four that was offered in the Bellett GT (I think) and maybe the Isuzu Florian (not sure). Hell, it's gotta be one of those two!
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

Both
Turbo_Gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: piazza Reply with quote

The only heads u can put on a 4zc1 2lt turbo(piazza turbo)engine that will increase performance r the 4ze1 rodeo 2.6 head which has MUCH bigger ports & valves, & a larger chamber too. The other 4z series heads will all fit,but the dohc g series and sohc g series heads r all different.U cant even put a dohc head on a sohc, as they r a totally different design engine.The dohc G161w,G180w and G200w engine design dates back to the g150 & g160 pushrod engines in the isuzu bellet, which were copied under license to HILLMAN, yes those horrid ugly pommy things.. the gemini type sohc g series G161z,G180Z and G200z engines were a new design in about 1972 i think. sorry about rambling on.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: