HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gemiii coupe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
serbpride
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: gemiii coupe Reply with quote

ok i am aiming 4 a td gemini coupe, and i want the vp v6 or the ecotec, i heard the timatic auto fitz, does it all fit easy without much hassell, and also the dif from a vn, is that easy to fit, how good of a quater mile could i expect from these odz. i want an auto cus i am lazy 2 change gearz lol, or is it actually betta 2 go manual
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: gemiii coupe Reply with quote

For drag racing purposes, a tricked up auto will go faster - but that will need dollars spent on it. Also, the Trimatic will fit in the Gemini trans tunnel, but does not bolt straight up to the back of a V6 - the reason being that the last car to have a Trimatic was the VL V8 - so you'll need to do work there to get it to fit the VN-onwards V6.

I guess find out whether it's easier to cut the floor up to put the 4-speed auto in, or if it's easier to get someone to fabricate a new bellhousing for the Trimatic trans.

The VN rear axle, although done before, is not an easy fit. It must be narrowed and have fabrications constructed and welded into the rear floorpan for the upper control arms (which a Gemini does not have - they have a torque tube - gay but effective until you put power through it).

I'm thinking that a V6 Commodore should cut a quarter in about 16-17 seconds, depending on weight (VS, VT, wagon, ute, sedan etc). Weight counts for a lot - a Gemini weighs about 400kgs less than any VN-onwards Commodore, so a TD coupe with a stock V6 should cut the quarter in under 15 seconds I reckon - but that's just a guess. But that's before tricking up the computer, running a cam, extractors and other go-fast stuff - so that'll come down significantly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: