HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

We're Back

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 12:17 am    Post subject: We're Back Reply with quote

Hey all, We're back....
And we have a car!!!!

Looks like a bomb of a shell, but actually has no major rust.

Needs a bit of work though.

Just got some nice wheels on it and the new engine is in it, not it just needs:

(If anyone has a spare part, let me know):

Rear wheel barings
Torque Tube
Something to stop the front brakes squeeking
Lowered Springs (Adam Gibson, talk to me!!!)
New balljoints and bushes etc etc (Again Adam Gibson)
New shockers (Adam Smile lol)

then we should be able to keep the cops off our back

Oh and the deamn wiring problem:

Anyone had that problem of the indicators either not working or flashing very slowly while the car is in reverse or the brake is engaged???
I'm about to have a play with the wiring in the boot, but it's not the flasher cans (of which I have 3!!??!!?? WTF???) already played with them.

Any help would be good. Ta

Todd & Olivia
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2001 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: We're Back Reply with quote

Ello, ello, ello...

How are the front pads (on a scale from fubar-fine)?? failing that, give the rotors a light sand... and make sure the anti-squeal shims are installed and facing the right way.

As for the flashers... if it is only when the brakes/reverse lights/taillights are on, sounds like something in the ream loom... Anyone got any ideas?

Springs, easy as pie - fronts P/N 78614, rears P/N 79606.
Shocks, KYB - front YKG4773A, rear YKG4772A
We don't retail balljoints/tie-rod ends/rack ends, any suspesnsion place will have them, or even autobarn/coventrys/supercheap.

As for bushes... I've got the superpro polyurethane catalogue sitting on my lap... just fit one of everything.
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: We're Back Reply with quote

Thanks Adam,

As for the wiring, it wasn't grounded... rusty screw in boot holding earth lead to car. Changed the screw and now I don't have cops tailin me (almost got pulled over 2 nights ago, but swerved into the drive just as they were about to put lights on!!!)

They stopped briefly out the front and moved on.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: We're Back Reply with quote

Todd,

If you're after lowered springs and good shocks, let me know - I can get you Pedders gear at trade price - my mate runs Pedders in Keswick, SA.

email me at gemini_panelvan@hotmail.com if you need it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: