HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Car Cruise - Adelaide

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Car Cruise - Adelaide Reply with quote

I feel that it is time for a cruise in adelaide!! No???

Why not us be the first ones to have the Inaugural 2002 SA Gemini cruise??

If anyone's interested, I propose a date such as next friday or saturday??? or perhaps even another sunDAY cruise??

Todd
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: sounds good to me Reply with quote

I think a certain blue wagon will be in attendance if enough people are keen.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: sounds good to me Reply with quote

hay i'm interested a friday night cruze would be good or a saturday
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: sounds good to me Reply with quote

i would be interested in some sort of cruise, preferably not a night cruise through the city or bay, reason being... too many defect stations around lately
i would be interested in maybe a cruise to victor, or hills, anywhere but the city! or moana esplanade, the local pig has my reg no. from the last cruise...
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: sounds good to me Reply with quote

hahaha copy that!

Victor on a Sunday sounds good to me...
I have a full car already.

Myself and Olivia...

and 2 single chicks Smile Erin and Zoe
roughly 17 Smile hehe

Todd
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: sounds good to me Reply with quote

Where do we meet? I am from the northern suburbs, so maybe Tee Tree Plaza way...... where do u guys live, i'll see if i can get some others to come. My mate has a reall nice orange TA22 with convo's, is it cool if he comes?

Adam
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: sounds good to me Reply with quote

The more the merrier so to speak...

I'm down near glenelg...
so might pay to meet in the city (which we will probably have to pass through anyway, then possibly drop off and pick people from Marion up???

Todd
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: sounds good to me Reply with quote

well i wouldn't mind coming
i'm near tee tree plaza
my car is stock though
(might not be able to keep up)
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: sounds good to me Reply with quote

Mine's not far off stock cept for the speakers, diskman and power inverter.

I hope to have EFI on by then, but the chances of that are somewhere between sfa and none...

well it's a G180, but other than that... we don't have to floor it.. like someone else said, too many defect stations... flyin is a sure way to get a cruise picked up and slaughtered..

Todd
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 3:09 am    Post subject: so...... Reply with quote

How about we meet on Victoria Drive behind the uni? That way we can take Goodwood road down to marion and keep away from the "heart" of the city. I will get defected if i even get a look at by even the most dumb ass cop. This sux. If anyone starts doing stupid shit, i'm outa there. My car will never get through regency this time. I had my mixtures checked on New Years Eve and they were spot on. The guy said that if i ever get tested by regency i am totally screwed. Lets see, is avgas illegal?
Lets just have a good fun cruise - for something different! Instead of a road rally anyway.

So, what do u guys reckon? Victoria Drive @ 12pm?
Cheers
Adam
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: so...... Reply with quote

so..... how about we set a date for this cuise then, i say give it a few weeks so people know exactly when and where, we know what happened last time we organized a cruise at the last minute... people couldnt get time off work etc. we need to give people time to plan around it and save for petrol money... because too much money is being spent on stereos... hehe
anyway... i say a sunday daytime cruise through the hills then down to victor, and back again, for the usual lunch at the crown! i wont do a gem cruise at night like alot of the other gem owners i know, coz when cops see a heap of geminis cruising together we all know what they will do, and thats the last thing we need.... also its too hard to keep a big cruise together at night in town....
well, i think we plan it for 2 or 3 weeks down the track so it gives everyone plenty of time....
so in conclusion, myself and my blue beast will be in attendance if its daytime, as will me mate Kev (MR GEMI) and his Golden Holden... well isuzu but that doesnt rhyme...

Cheers all,
see you all once a date is set!

Matt
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Dates Reply with quote

yeah good thing to steer away from the city. I had my sound system on Sat. night cruisin for 4 hours (which brought the battery nead on 0% charge. and a cop car went past with an old fuddy duddy pig, got down the end of Rundle street, cop car with lights flashing pulled someone over and then saw me watched me and one spoke into the mic turned the corner, cop car on wrong side of road pulled someone else over, saw me spoke into mic. That's when I decided it was time to piss the fuckin shit outta the city. Smile rofl

Won't be goin back for a couple of weeks. (At least)

I'd say the 27th of Jan is a good day for it (day before Australia Day)
meeting at Victoria drive at say around 10:30 am for an 11 am start?

hopefully more people can come by then, like SEAN BRING YOUR BLUEWIRE!!!!! lol

Todd
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: