HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Need a Nikki

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 11:50 pm    Post subject: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Im after a Nikki carby that runs perfect. Ideally one that has just had a reco. Id love a weber, but my engine is still under warranty and if i mod it,i lose the warranty...
Anyone in Melbourne able to help me???
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

Nikki carb suit 1600. Fully rebuilt 10,00km ago. With receipts, new needle and seat, rejetted. Fully detailed painted in medium blue 2pak with stacks of good quality chrome($80 worth) . I took out top25 judged at Small Car Sunday with this carb on so it looks the part and works well. - $50ono - in Adelaide but will organise postage - depending on cost may also pay. All electronic choke etc works well too.

Adam
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

Theres one prob. I got a 2L in my car. Will it still work on it??? Im using one at the moment, just the secondaries are fucked on it
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

adam,
ill take it
email me - arben_k@hotmail.com
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

what a dog!!!!!!!
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

One problem,

the 1600 Niki will work, but not deliver the correct fuel ratio's under load on your 2ltr, you should get it dyno tuned from a carbi tuner who know's about this and will be able to re jet the carbi to suit your application especially if you have extractors, otherwise you will be runing lean under full load and not getting all the avaliable power possible, you should also look at getting the vac sec spring modded so that the secondaries will com in a little earlier. good luck.
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

thanx mate
i went and got a quote for my nikki to be recoed and retuned
and the want $180. thats the prob im having, the secondaries are playing up and sometimes stay open when i take my foot off the throttle. Might as well go get a set of webbers hey??
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

Sounds like the vacum secondary diapham is fucked, get a reco kit from Repco about $50, follow the instructions, and if you have a cam in the engine shorten the vacum secondary spring, so that they come on earlier, as with the 2ltr issue of jet sizes this still does not fix the ratio problem this will just get it running., Honnestly I'd get a 32/36 DGV @$50-70, adapter plate @$45, aircleaner @$45, and mod the manifold as in the Workshop section, spend about @$100-$200 on a dyno and reap the rewards...( but get a cam (Wade Cams Regrind $60) first, as you will void the warranty already with the Weber so what the hell.
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

Too complicated for me mate
I just like driving the thing.
Hows about when i rake up a bit of cash you could maybe give us a hand doing this stuff. I could maybe learn somehting!
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

Yeah, ok I can help you set up the Weber if your serious.
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a Nikki Reply with quote

yeah im serious...
just need to get the cash togetha now
maybe after christmas sometime
just stacked into another car so gotta pay for that now Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: