HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

31 on a 90 pick up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stocky
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 9:55 pm    Post subject: 31 on a 90 pick up Reply with quote

The 550 isn't cheap, but it's a very nice unit IMO, well worth the coin I LOVE mine I use it as an MP3 constantly and the GPS part does a good job I'm very happy with the unit and Garmin's Cus
The STI in my opinion is the easiest car to drive like that You can have tons of fun in full control Those 360deg spins are super easy I've done them in my work's parking lot around a light standar
tion never engages in any false and misleading advertising even though Figure 4-1. The Fitness Continuum 29 and how it was going to be destroyed
Hello to all, a newbie to a GB here Finally realizing a longtime quest and will be taking possession of a 32 in a couple of weeks While shopping GB's, I came across a few that had a manual aboard on

Last edited by stocky on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

I'd say the hardest part would be finding one.. and then finding spares... an issue that i am not looking forward to!
stocky
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

where did you get the motor from??
parts would be easy but i'd say expensive, the jap import people get the parts in. Just not many have the actual motor
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

Apparently gemini spares or whatever the name of that place is in Adelaide stock the motors and/or parts

My gem came with the DOHC stock. Its an import gemmy from japan... one of the ZZ ranges... its a ZZ/T which is pretty much same as a ZZ/R just a different interior, badging etc
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

yeah...

...I spoke to a dude today that says he has three to sell...one turbo setup (without actual turbo) - $1700 and two N/A ... i don't know about EFI or carby though...probably just carb set-ups...i didn't ask for prices on these...
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

If you can get the EFI then get its really good. Heaps more driveable smooth etc...
stocky
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

who cares about drivable!!! i just want to do big huge burnouts!!!!!, nah i would rather not get f/i cause that would mean if anything happened to it i would have to take it to a professional mechanic with the right analysis chip to tell me whats wrong. carb setup i can rip it apart, put it back together, tune it and she'll run like the dream it was before the f$%k up occured.
find out about the N/A motors would ya mate, i really want to get a gemini goin quicker than my bro's BMW cause that would just give him the shits, considering my gem with Stocky engineered suspension almost out handled it!!!!! gemi, shitbox power!!!!
booner_vb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

yea man i got a G200 twincam EFI in my gem van and i got it out of the parts pedaler from some guy in brisban who race it in his coupe for $2300 ready to go straight in the only mod for brakes is DBA vented rotors and endless brake pads coz the geminis come out wit 2 spot calipers
email me if u want to ask more questains booner_vb@hotmail.com
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

Nah,

Just get a cheap-as VP-VR V6 and put it in. Parts are then waaaaaaaay cheap, burnouts will be plentiful and easy, and it'll fly.

Sure, you're gonna end up with an EFI setup, but there's a fair bit you can do without having to talk to the computer, and even if you do, it'll be a standard Delco ECU, so it won't be a mystery to anybody who services Commodores (and who doesn't?).

Anyway, that's what I'm gonna do, so that's why I suggested it. It seems to be the easiest way to big torque.
stocky
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

i dont think you can do that.
3.8 is more than twince the size of a motor that came in a gem and to get it registered you'd need thousands of engineers certficates and a blueprint to show what upgrades you did to the chassis, brakes, suspension to keep the shitbox together!!!
my mate did that and it cost him approximately $7000 just for the conversion, thats not including the motor or other parts he used!!!!! bloody government!
rob_williamson
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2001 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: DOHC?? Reply with quote

learn how to spell.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: