HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

12a gem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WAY2LOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 1:37 pm    Post subject: 12a gem Reply with quote

ive brought a 12a to put into my gem, ne1 in adelaide done this conversion before? i called mildrens and they wanted $2500 just to fit the engine, but i rekon i can fit it myself, does ne1 know how hard it is to fit? the engine is out of an rx2. also to get it approved what has to be done?
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 12a gem Reply with quote

It doesnt seem hard to change a motor, but it is better to use guys who have done it before. You dont wana do it yourself, fuck it up and then end up having to get them to do it anyway and spend heaps more $ in the process.
All i can say is do it right the first time.
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 12a gem Reply with quote

tis ezy for a rota conversion too engineer all thats need is piazza brakes i think if piazzas are vented
Simmo
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 4:24 am    Post subject: Re: 12a gem Reply with quote

rotor conversions are not hard, but why bother with a 12a, unless it is a turbo or you are planning on some serious porting, a 12a is not really that much more powerfull than a 1600, youll just get the unreliability and annoying noise of rotor.

thats just my opinion though, Simmo
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 12a gem Reply with quote

i sure wouldnt mind hearing the zinging of a rotor beneith the bonnet....
Smile
dean8
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 12a gem Reply with quote

Ring oz developments in Moorebank NSW they sell conversion kits for 12a and 13b to Gemini I have used the 13b one it is excellent very easy. They sell the modified sump aswell to bolt the whole lot in
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: