HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

compression

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotorgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 11:45 pm    Post subject: compression Reply with quote

just wondering if you can convert your psi reading to the ratio or how to you find out the ratio (eg 8:1)

HELP
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: compression Reply with quote

you divide the psi reading by 14.7 to get a ratio
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: compression Reply with quote

are you sure about that? my old 2ltr was running between 200-202 psi on all cylinders which divided by 14.7 works out to be around 13.6:1, considering i could run it on super and it wouldnt ping i think the result from the formula is a tad high.
rotorgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: compression Reply with quote

fastgem are you sure it was 200psi not kpa because if it is psi that sounds very high
tx_shitbox_thrasher
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: compression Reply with quote

yeah mine was at 40 psi with a blown head gasket.. lol
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: compression Reply with quote

200kpa is like 29psi so i would bloody hope not. I built the motor with hi comp in mind, have the specs for it somewhere. i though it was around 10:1 or there abouts and I seriously doubt the cam in it at the moment would have enough overlap to let it run at 13:1 so fuck knows.
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: compression Reply with quote

I always thought CR was the ratio between the bore volume (to the deck of the block) and the combustion chamber. If so you really need to know the specs on both, which usually means having the chambers CC'd. Otherwise shaving the head, or boring the block will affect the CR and we all know it does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: