HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help wif cam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 1:49 am    Post subject: help wif cam Reply with quote

hey ppz i bought the bigger crow cam today the 2500-6500 cam to help wif power and i want to now if i have to eye brow the piston tops?? do cause i haev the tools to do it cept gfor the plasticine
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: help wif cam Reply with quote

The best thing to probably do before you start pulling your motor apart is just put the cam in and try and turn the motor over by hand. If it turns freely then it should be fine, if you cant turn it all the way over then it will be the valves hitting the pistons so dont try and force it.
stocky
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: help wif cam Reply with quote

and when you do turn the engine over by hand, make sure the plugs are out, or when you think the pistons are hitting the valves its probably just the compression forcing against you. may i ask what 'eyebrowing' the pistons is??
is it when you cut a small dish out of them or what??
sounds like just cutting a couple of slits where the valves hit, seeins theres a valve on each side of the piston, the shapes would make eyebrows??
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: help wif cam Reply with quote

it is a term for putting slits in the pistons to help wif clearance it is aloso called fly cutting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: