HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WHAT MODS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 11:23 pm    Post subject: WHAT MODS Reply with quote

ok i know every one always asks but i want to know
i can get a set of camira sle rims ok i was wondering do the fit stait on ot do you have to do some mods
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT MODS Reply with quote

Yeah you need spacers to correct the offset
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT MODS Reply with quote

I reckon you could probably find a nicer set of wheels. Heck, I am only putting steelies on mine, don't own a money tree Sad
But any mags look better than Camira alloys, especially if you have to space them (not a good thing).

Cheers

Cheers
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT MODS Reply with quote

Man your a sydney boy hey, well theres a VW show on this weekend somewhere, (check indian automotive's website) and if you go you will be able to pick up a set of Golf rims 4 dirt cheap. AND they look a hell of a lot better and dont require mods or spacers. Much better way to go. if you want to see what they look like in the gallery there is a Yellow panno number plates BRADDO and its sporting them.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: WHAT MODS Reply with quote

Or 80's beemer steelies look sweet.. I also saw a 80's bmw with standard chrome mesh type wheels just stick a holden sticker on the center caps and it would look great
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT MODS Reply with quote

arnt spacers illegal
where do u get them?
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT MODS Reply with quote

Yeah they're illegal unless they were fitted as standard to the car.
Places like Auto one probably have them
TravTC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2001 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT MODS Reply with quote

I agree with these guys. Why the hell camira rims? Even on the TE+ (aka 80's mobiles). Nice hubbies on a shitty set of rims look better that those wierd square bbq grill things.

HEY! Whatever sizzles your sausage mate, but personally it doesnt even stir a semi. >]

Calibra rims? I dunno?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: