HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

...Shit-Head Ball Joints...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 2:51 am    Post subject: ...Shit-Head Ball Joints... Reply with quote

yeah...

...I'm half way through replacing both upper and lower balls joints in the front of my Gem...i was told this job would only take an hour or so !#!@!!!
I've done little front end work before, but I managed to get the old joints out without too much hassle...and reasonably quickly...

I started to put things back together and the top ball joints are piss easy to replace ...
...but the bottom ones are little sluts and I can't get the fuckoff bottom ball joint back in ! ! !
...I tried hammering the fuck out of it (only hammering the outer edge using a large socket, not the centre !!!) but I can't get them to seat in properly...a mate showed me how to lower the car onto the ball joint using a jack and press them in that way...but that didn't seat them all the way in either...

So now i have both lower control arms off the car and i need to know how the hell i get the new lower ball joints to seat all the way back into the housing ??? How do I do it ???

yeah...i was also wondering who's TX sedan it is with a full on glitter-pen paint job...i saw it crusing down around the gold coast the other weekend with a couple of chicks in it...the paint was pretty interesting ... it was beyond metallic...it full on looked like someone had spilled a heap of glitter into the deep purple/maroon paint...
Doug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: ...Shit-Head Ball Joints... Reply with quote

Try taking them to a service station and see if they can put them in,most servo's have a press for that kinda thing,and should be only about $20-30.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 5:52 pm    Post subject: Re: ...Shit-Head Ball Joints... Reply with quote

Another trick is to freeze the new ball joints in the freezer for a couple of day's, and heat the bottom arm, this way the ball joint should go in with a little bit of work, let the whole lot cool and put it all back,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: